Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Help] Unable to uninstall and reinstall programs and other problem/s

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 auto1571

auto1571

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:30 AM

Hi,

Not so long ago I had Windows 10 installed and due to that stalling at some point I reverted back to Windows 7. However since I have done this there are some programs that won't work and I am having problems trying to re-install them (including antivirus and other security programs. Here are a couple of screen shots with the error messages:

b761a7bf34bb5c39eb44bcb4e942c7c5.png

9d18209a4d67d3a81cf19e61fa6a02f1.png

The other problem I recall is that my connection when I first log on takes about 5 minutes to load. Before then it just says limited Internet access. This had happened once before and I managed to sort it out eventually by re-installing the Wireless drivers but I would like to check for other possibilities here first.

Any help in regards to these problems is very much appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

Try using the hidden Administrator Account.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png, then type cmd in the Search Programs and Features box.

CMD will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator

When the Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

You should see a message stating "the command completed successfully".

Log out of your account.  There should be your account and the hidden Administrator account, click on the hidden account.

See if you can install your programs now. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hi, thank you for your reply and sorry for replying back so late. The uninstalling problem is currently okay now and I have gone back up to Windows 10. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users