Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have Forgotten My User Password

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MaaD

MaaD

• Members
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:45 PM

I have forgotten my user password, I have tried some of the suggested methods on the Internet but all of the "solutions" requires purchasing a paid version of a particular software but you don't know that until you have run the free version. Any real workable solutions?

Thanks much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

Is this for a Microsoft account or for a local account under Win10?

If the former it's as simple as going to the Microsoft website and trying to sign into your Microsoft account and going through the "Forgot my password" process.

Forum participant usasma posted a link to an extensive article on how to deal with a lost password for a local account in addition to the steps for a Microsoft account earlier today on the thread entitled, windows 10 account locked.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 563 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

It's for a local account and I have tried that method in the above link, but at almost at the end of the process you are informed that the trial version cannot reset the password, you have to buy the paid version. It would have been nice to learn this at the beginning.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,591 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

See if enabling the hidden Administrator Account works. You can use that to login and reset your password.

See this page. The program used has been updated but I do not know if it will work for Windows 10. You will need to burn the iso to create a bootable disk.

Video

#5 MaaD

MaaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 563 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

Awesome John, it worked perfect!! Thanks a gazillion :bananas:  :bananas:  :bananas:  :bananas:  :bananas:  :bananas:

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,591 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

No problem, glad it worked for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users