Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome, Other Problems

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 syidg

syidg

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

Mod Edit:  Merged topics/posts - Hamluis.

Hi hello.. I've come across this same issue last night. This exact same problem. I'm on my phone right now.

I have went thru the process of toolbox,jrt,and malwarebytes. The eset program I was unable install because I have no internet.(I use Chrome the other browser doesn't work neither)

One thing I notice that Mini tool could not find or ping google.

Sorry for posting on your post dmdt84 and Aura would gladly appreciate your help if so. Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 16 October 2015 - 12:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:13 PM

Also I have most of the log files such as MTB,JRL,Malwarebytes I'm just lost on how to copy and paste from pc to phone.. or to appear in post like dmdt84

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:26 AM

Hi syidg :)

It would be better if you create your own thread, and seek assistance from there. In your first post, you can either copy/paste the content of the logs (open the files on your phone, and copy/paste them from there, I don't know if you're using Windows Phone, iOS or Android) or simply upload them somewhere and post the download URL(s) for them. Once done, let me know and I'll help you out :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

CBS link >>>http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/Uhs4IjXl/file.html

JRT LINK >>http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/ngo8MAhl/file.html
Malwarebytes >http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/LBr8qbju/file.html

Minibox >>http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/92BTsPvA/file.html

The only sites I could think of to upload hope it's not a problem. Eset I couldn't install because I need the internet. I realize that I had some malware before which have been removed, but in one of the logs I can't seem to ping goggle or yahoo.

Please help if you can thanks btw AURA I've made the new post.. thanks for replying back

#5 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:37 AM

Also my tablets and phone picks up wifi connection fine. It's just my toshiba laptop giving problems ever since I got these malware on the pc. It frozed.. I shut down when I restart windows no internet..

#6 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

Another thing I notice when starting windows. An error "THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND. LoadedLibrary(pythondll) failed"

When closing that error another one appears directly after the previous one
"C:\program files (x86)\feed notifier\PYTHON27.DLL"

If this can be help also gladly appreciate it thanks once again in advance

#7 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

Okay. I've made it about to 2 hrs ago. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593468/unable-to-use-chrome-and-or-internet-help/?p=3841949#entry3841949

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:33 PM

Alright, I'll go post in it now :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:39 PM

Hi syidg :)

First things first: you currently have two Antivirus installed: avast! and Trend Micro. You should never have more than one Antivirus installed on a system, since it could make the system unstable. You can read the following article by quietman if you want more information on the subject:

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program - Pay attention to the "Important Note" at the bottom of the post.

This being said, I would like you to uninstall the one you don't use anymore.

Also, uninstall the following programs please:
  • McAfee Security Scan Plus - Useless;
  • My Program version 1.5;
  • PCKeeper;
  • Search Protect;
Let me know once it's done.

unite_blue.png

#10 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

Okay so far I've Uninstaller the programs, but some odd reason it's taking a while for me to get rid of the Trend Micro.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

It's normal for an Antivirus to take time to uninstall, so I would wait a bit more and see how the uninstall progress.

unite_blue.png

#12 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

Okay the Uninstallation stopped due to : you cannot remove the software until it has finished downloading an update or scanning the computer.
Question would ending it in task manager shut it down,so that I can try uninstalling again?

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

Yes. Kill the Trend Micro processes, and then try to uninstall it.

Edited by Aura, 15 October 2015 - 01:45 PM.

unite_blue.png

#14 syidg

syidg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

Yes so I have Uninstalled it. So now what? I realized I lost sound playing music but it has the sound. I was thinking some malware messed up my sound and internet. This has upset for days now smh.
Once again Trend Micro is gone

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

Good :) Now we need to take care of a remnant AVG 2011 installation on your system, that also left drivers behind and that could cause conflict. Follow the instructions below please.

EndqYRa.pngRegistry - Export Uninstall Keys
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the following commands, one after the other. You'll know when you're ready to input the next command when a new line with a blinking cursor will appear under the precedent one:
    Note: You can copy and paste these commands instead of typing them. To copy a command inside the command prompt, move your mouse over the blinking cursor, right-click and select Paste. You must have copied the command prior to that (via Ctrl + C or left-click and Copy).
    reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall /s > "%userprofile%\Desktop\hklm_uninstall64.txt"
    reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall /s > "%userprofile%\Desktop\hklm_uninstall32.txt"

• Once you're done running the commands, two files will have appeared on your desktop:
    • hklm_uninstall32.txt
    • hklm_uninstall64.txt
  • Create a new folder on your Desktop and move both files inside it. Once done, archive (.zip) the folder (right-click on it, select Send to... and select Compressed archive (.zip));
  • Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users