Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sfc error

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 tarcianalessa

tarcianalessa

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:03 AM

Hello guys, im from brazil and if my english sucks, im so sorry

so.. i have been having some problems with windows 10

the folders are crashing, I can not do any search on the search bar, I can't open the explorer and many others errors.

I tried using the chkdsk / f and it got a little better ...

but the SFC keeps giving error and presented this log

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   9.81MB   10 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

Welcome to the Forum:

It's hard to see what the heck's going on with your computer based on this error log.  We need a little more information on what you've actually got hardware-wise.  Please provide us with make/model of your exact computer generating this log.  Also, is it a desktop PC or a laptop?

Next, did the computer you are using come pre-loaded with W10 from the manufacturer or did you perform a W10 upgrade from an earlier version of Windows?  Such as Win7/8/8.1?   Which one?

In the meantime, please visit piriform.com and download the free SPECCY diagnostic program and post the text file result back to this thread.  We can then take a look at your hardware to see if you have any hardware failures that are causing your problem.  If you performed a W10 upgrade on a computer that came originally with an earlier version of Windows; it's very probably a failing or failed hard drive.  Hard drives begin failing after 2 yrs. in laptops, and 3 yrs. in desktops.  If you were running Win7 or Win8, your computer is most likely 4-6 yrs. old and probably past the time where hard drives have to be replaced due to old age.  SFC failures often indicate hard drive failures.  :(

If you didn't remember to format your hard drive during the W10 upgrade process, this can also account for failures, since if your hard drive cannot accomplish a complete drive erase, that's a clear indicator of drive failure--and that hard drive must be replaced.

Post back answers to these questions, and we will advise you further.  Keep in mind we are volunteers here, so if you don't get an answer within 24 hrs. from me, you can "bump" your post, and one of the other volunteers or Mods will jump in to cover my absence and can look at your SPECCY and tell you what to try next. 

Best of luck to you,

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 16 October 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#3 tarcianalessa

tarcianalessa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

Hello,

My computer is a laptop, dell, amd, intel i7

I installed Windows 10 by windows install... my computer was Windows 8

my laptop is brand new, ive bought in february but i dindt format when i was installing

so here it is my speccy information

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:13 AM

I'm uncertain about the errors in your CBS logfile  as I'm not an expert with these things.

Have you rebooted the system and then tried to run SFC.EXE again?

Have you tried to run DISM?

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.

From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.

Beyond that, let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Then, see if this stuff works/helps (Windows Update is closely tied to SFC.EXE)

We'll need another copy of the CBS logfile to see if anything has changed:

There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.
I am not one of them.
But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.
I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.

First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:
Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
Windows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434
Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):

Run SFCFix

This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.

-  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.

Export CBS folder
NOTE:  This is not for me (I can't read them).  This is in case you decide to post in the OS forums asking for help from the experts. 

-  On Windows 8/10, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.
        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.
        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.
For the second item (CBS log), if you'd like it analyzed, start a post in the OS forums, then zip it up and upload it with your next post there (it's not needed in this topic as I can't read it).
If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.

Edited by usasma, 17 October 2015 - 05:14 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer

Looking at your CBS log, these are the corrupt files

2015-10-16 09:40:56, Info                  CSI    000051aa [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"adcjavas.inc" of Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-RDS-CE-JVS, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = x86, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2015-10-16 09:40:56, Info                  CSI    000051ad [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"adcjavas.inc" of Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-RDS-CE-JVS, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = x86, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch

Because I am still under training, I will not be able to help you fix these, but these are things you should do:

Use SFCFix

First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.

Run it, and follow through the instructions on the screen. SFCFix can fix a lot of errors itself, and if it can not fix anything, it will let you know what it can not fix.

If it can not fix everything, you will have to post a new thread at Sysnative.com Windows Update forums

-CKing123

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#6 tarcianalessa

tarcianalessa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

thank you guys and ill do that..if all of this help ill let you know!

#7 tarcianalessa

tarcianalessa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

hello guys, it didnt work :(

#8 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:10 AM

Hello,

My computer is a laptop, dell, amd, intel i7

>>>Thanks.<<<

I installed Windows 10 by windows install... my computer was Windows 8

>>>Thanks.<<<

my laptop is brand new, ive bought in february but i dindt format when i was installing

>>>Thanks.<<<

so here it is my speccy information

>>>Thanks.<<<

I had a chance to review your SPECCY report; again thanks for taking the time to post it.  We've got 2 other people helping, and they are looking specifically at your CBS.log report to try a software fix, which you should definitely try.

I know you haven't had that laptop very long; looks about 9 months old or so.  I urge you to STOP, AND MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THAT LAPTOP TO EXTERNAL MEDIA PRIOR TO TRYING ANY OF OUR FIXES!! THIS WOULD INCLUDE ANY DOCUMENTS, MUSIC FILES, PICTURES, VIDEOS, EMAILS, OR ANY OTHER DATA SUCH AS SAVED GAMES!!!

Any type of software fixes or hardware testing doesn't come without risks to your personal information, it's always best to save whatever you have if you haven't done so already.

That being said, I have some observations from your SPECCY report and some recommendations going forward.

• You have an i7 Haswell Quad-Core processor in that laptop, and it is very high performance.  Once repaired this laptop should be very fast and even faster on Win10.
  • I noticed that you are running KASPERSKY and WINDOWS DEFENDER for your Anti-Virus program.  There is a well-known rule that's been around since 2003, and that is computers today can only run 1 primary Anti-Virus program at a time.  You are running 2!!  This is not good, as running 2 AV programs can often cause instability in both existing and newly installed app programs on your computer.  Since I'm not particularly fond of Kaspersky, it hasn't received very good reviews and isn't generally considered to be anywhere in the top 10 AV programs by top review companies such as PC World; I'd remove the Kaspersky and just run WINDOWS DEFENDER at this point.  If this and or the other suggestions such as SFCfix stabilize your Win10 system, I'd suggest disabling the WINDOWS DEFENDER and installing a more robust AV program such as Norton Internet Security, Avast Free AV 2015, McAfee Internet Security, or Trend Micro Internet Security.  I get many badly infected computers running the KASPERSKY, and it takes weeks to disinfect it and usually involves a complete Windows reinstall.  I always remove it.
  • I examined your RAM memory and Hard Drive, and they appear to be in good shape, with no drops to the laptop.  It's still a good idea to test both, but we won't need to do that until we exhaust the software fixes from the other 2 fellows here, and some of my recommendations.  You can post back later, if your problem persists after trying our suggestions.  Also, your laptop has not been overtemped, or "cooked" which can happen if your laptop is continuously left on 24x7x365 without a rest or running high-performance multi-player online games.
  • Everything else looks pretty good, except for 1 Microsoft security update that keeps failing and looks like it's been failing for a couple of months.  Not sure how long ago you did the Win10 update; but it appears that updates (KB3087040, KB3081444, KB3081441, KB3087916, KB890830, KB3054979, KB3081438, KB2553313, KB3054979, and KB2965310) have all failed repeatedly.  The dates reported start at 08/14/2015 to 09/22/2015.  This indicates that your Windows 8 machine wasn't properly updated prior to attempting your Win10 upgrade.  You also have updates for 2 versions of MS Office that are also confusing the Win10 updater.  My guess is that you attempted to upgrade DIRECTLY from Win8 to Win10; which is not an easy thing to do.  It's best to update to Win8.1 manually, and this takes from 1-3 days (20-30 hrs.) to do.  Once you upgraded your laptop to 8.1 and put in all the post 8.1 updates; another day or so, you can then and only then upgrade to Win10.  Based on the SPECCY report data, this is my best guess.
  • Software fixes suggested may or may not be able to correct all these issues.  You'll find out after you attempt them.  If your problem persists, you probably failed to do a proper Win10 upgrade correctly; a very common problem.  You could take your laptop to your local licensed Computer Pro or repair shop Tech, and pay them to do the Win10 upgrade for you.  This will cost from $40-$120 US; about 2-3 times that outside of US; I have no idea of the cost in Brazil, but would expect it to be much more than here in US. 
  • Make sure that prior to taking your laptop into any Service Center, either in person or mailing it there, that you BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA AS PER ABOVE!!  Oftentimes, your laptop may come back with an erased hard drive, or a new Win10 install with all of your personal data removed or not restored.  You must take backup precautions and assume that whoever is going to repair your laptop, will never be as concerned with your irreplaceable documents and files as you will be if they go missing.
  • If you get to this point, you may have to seriously consider reinstalling Win8 that came with your laptop from Dell, and go through the 8.1-->Win10 upgrade path, or pay a Tech to do this for you.  Hopefully, you have created factory Recovery Discs using the DELL MEDIA CREATOR TOOL already on your laptop, or your built in factory Recovery partition is still intact.  Either of these tools can be used to reinstall the factory Windows (Win8) that came on your laptop when it was new out of the box.   

Now you are ready to proceed with our suggestions.  Do the Backup, re-read our posts, and allow 1-2 weeks to get everything working again; longer if you've never done this before, or if you take your computer into a repair shop.

Post back how you are doing, and any questions you might have along the way; we are always here to help you!

Best of luck, :thumbup2:

<<<BBJ>>>

#9 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

• Everything else looks pretty good, except for 1 Microsoft security update that keeps failing and looks like it's been failing for a couple of months.  Not sure how long ago you did the Win10 update; but it appears that updates (KB3087040, KB3081444, KB3081441, KB3087916, KB890830, KB3054979, KB3081438, KB2553313, KB3054979, and KB2965310) have all failed repeatedly.  The dates reported start at 08/14/2015 to 09/22/2015.  This indicates that your Windows 8 machine wasn't properly updated prior to attempting your Win10 upgrade.  You also have updates for 2 versions of MS Office that are also confusing the Win10 updater.  My guess is that you attempted to upgrade DIRECTLY from Win8 to Win10; which is not an easy thing to do.  It's best to update to Win8.1 manually, and this takes from 1-3 days (20-30 hrs.) to do.  Once you upgraded your laptop to 8.1 and put in all the post 8.1 updates; another day or so, you can then and only then upgrade to Win10.  Based on the SPECCY report data, this is my best guess.

Alright, there are a lot of important (security) updates we need it to be installed, and some of them will fix a few of these issues

SFC errors usually cause Windows Update issues, but not always. Windows Update troubleshooter can fix many other issues

Let's run the Windows Update troubleshooter by:

Press WindowsX

Click on Control Panel

Go to System and Security

Under Security and Maintenance, click on Troubleshoot common computer problems

On the left side, click View all

Now, click on Windows Update, and follow the on-screen instructions

If it repaired anything, install the updates again, and let us know if Windows Update could not repair anything, or the updates still can not be installed

-CKing123

Edited by CKing123, 19 October 2015 - 07:07 PM.

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#10 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:07 PM

@CKing123:  Sounds like a good place to start!!  Now we wait to hear back from OP!

Cheers!

<<<BBJ>>>  :thumbsup2: 

#11 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

@CKing123:  Sounds like a good place to start!!  Now we wait to hear back from OP!

Cheers!

<<<BBJ>>>  :thumbsup2: 

Thanks! There is also another benefit: if Windows Update was not able to repair something, it would have list what the issue is, and said that it failed to fix the issue. This will help us narrow down the root cause of the issues even more :)

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#12 tarcianalessa

tarcianalessa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

thank you guys.

i'll do that... i did my backup last week and im trying to fix with all the help that you guys gave me ;D

#13 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:40 AM

Go to search and type cmd & ctrl+shift+enter, click yes.

Try this command and let it run it's process: Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

If it comes up with errors then run this command: Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

#14 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

Go to search and type cmd & ctrl+shift+enter, click yes.

Try this command and let it run it's process: Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

If it comes up with errors then run this command: Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

It should only be

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

As RestoreHealth will initiate ScanHealth again. That said, running RestoreHealth gives an error in Windows 10, so we won't know if there is corruption or not :( For that, we again need to rely on CBS.log from the user to figure out if there is corruption detected by DISM or not, and if it is, what those corruptions are

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#15 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

From what I gathered in your other posts that you have already filtered down some of the errors out of that huge cbs.log already. You found the usual cryptic Microsoft jargon that no one can decipher. I agree Microsoft has been sending out tons of KB's recently and leaves end users holding the bag. That's why I suggested running a DISM. I understand what you mean, but I suggested running scanhealth prior to see if any errors do occur no big deal. You can get a report from it if you need it. Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth > c:\dismresults.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users