Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram broken

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xRMX

xRMX

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:02 AM

So today one of my ram sticks broke.Now I don't know the rules on what to do when buying another one e.g if it has to be the same type,same size, exactly the same. Just need to know what to buy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R-Vengeance-Performance-Desktop/dp/B0053GLCEY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1444996867&sr=8-4&keywords=corsair+vengeance 

That is what I had, and I only need one stick.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

You are correct; replace with exactly the same type, size and speed especially. If you use a lower speed stick it will create a bottleneck and the system will drop to that speed, so use the identical same. The manufacturer doesn't matter, but all the specifications must be the same as your other sticks. Alternately, you can use a faster speed RAM if you get a good deal on it; you will only run at the speed of your original sticks, but you save some money and won't slow the system.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 xRMX

xRMX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for replying helped alot.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:13 PM

Welcome!  :cowboy:

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users