Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Support Assistant

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:35 AM

Some of the HP drivers were lost (HP 4480 desktop All-In-One) when I D/L W-10. Went to HP.com and replaced all drivers. All is well, except, I now have HP support assistant in my startup taskbar location. It is not listed in taskbar start section. Read where it can be beneficial, so maybe not uninstall it,,,just stop from startup.  Would like advice whether if it were NOT in startup, would it crash my other printer functions...? Also advice as to Best Way stop it from start... Thanks for any and all replies......Also is it possible to change forum name...???? Thanks again...Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:26 AM

Go to start and type msconfig in there under startup tab. If not in there try services tab.

#3 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:59 AM

Go to start and type msconfig in there under startup tab. If not in there try services tab.

Not found,,,either place,,,sorta strange...Thanks

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

Can you right click the icon to it and see if there are startup options to disable? Maybe open it up and look in there. It sounds like a utility that keeps drivers etc updated. It is important and won't hurt a thing. it should be Low profile it shoudln't be using much memory to run.

Edited by technonymous, 16 October 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#5 Jim-Bo

Jim-Bo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:34 AM

Can you right click the icon to it and see if there are startup options to disable? Maybe open it up and look in there. It sounds like a utility that keeps drivers etc updated. It is important and won't hurt a thing. it should be Low profile it shoudln't be using much memory to run.

No sir,,,Right clicking on Icon brings up exactly same as right clicking on taskbar...Thanks...Guess I will just leave it alone...:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users