Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

News on front page. Do people want new news notifications?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

For those who like to read the news here at BC, in the past we had the news in the forums and people could subscribe to that forum and receive new topic notifications.  Now that the news is on the front page, we no longer have that option.

User's can subscribe to a article to see new comments, but nothing exists where they can subscribe to notifications for new news articles. Is this something people think they could benefit from?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:59 AM

softeyes has just responed to your news update: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/update-for-latest-flash-vulnerability-expected-on-october-19/#cid19

How/would/where would you respond to my questions?

How would I know you responded?

Thank you in advance, this is all new to me!

Awesome BTW!

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

There is a subscribe button at the end of each post. That button allows you to subscribe to a news post and see new comments.

Once subscribed, the button will change to unsubscribe that you can click on to unsubscribe from the post.

You can also manage your subscriptions here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/subscribed-articles/

#4 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,079 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

User's can subscribe to a article to see new comments, but nothing exists where they can subscribe to notifications for new news articles. Is this something people think they could benefit from?

Yes, I would find this useful. Usually I don't go on the main site too much so will tend to miss new articles. Notifications will remind me to check the articles :)

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users