I have a problem recently that's been driving me absolutely nuts.
Whenever I try to download a large file, be it through a video game patcher or utorrent, my computer's internet connection goes down completely shortly after the download starts. When I say down, I mean I get the yellow exclamation point in the bottom right. When I troubleshoot my connection, windows gives me the following error, "Problems found - Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)". It's very difficult to restore internet when this happens, usually requiring me to use System Restore to an earlier save point. When I do this, the problem still remains if I try and download again.
I should mention my ISP says everything is good on their end, and my modem looks as if everything's fine. Also, I'm able to normally browse the internet, listen to Pandora, and watch Hulu It's only when I try to download a large file that this happens.
Solutions I've Tried:
- Scanned for Malware C: (Main) & D: (SSD, currently being used to backup important docs) = 0 results
- Changed computers DNS settings to "Open" and Google DNS addresses
- Disabled IPV6
- Receive Side Scaling - Disabled
- Changed Ethernet Controller Power Management Settings - Not Allow
- Updated Ethernet Controller Driver (Uninstalled and Reinstalled as well)
- Bypassed Router
- Replaced Ethernet cable
- Reformatted computer
- Reset Modem (using that small button in the back)
- Had ISP update my Modem's firmware
Edited by bameX, 15 October 2015 - 01:42 AM.