Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Or No Connectivity Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lakim40

lakim40

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

I am able to connect to my wireless at home but can't use the internet. and if I do it through a LAN line, the "limited or no connectivity" comes up.??
i've tried everything that internet explorer says to try when a connection doesn't work, but nothing!
frustration. when I was abroad, in Japan, I was able to use the internet through a wireless connection in some place but not in others. what gives?

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate fourm. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 19 July 2006 - 05:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

well, i wouldnt say you have a problem with your laptop, as you have said, you travelled using it. as far as nopt being able to connect at certain places, there could ba many reasons, and we can only help on specific issues, otherwise there is too many variables.
about the first issue. are you able to connect to the net with any of your computers on your home network? if not, we should start there, if so, try another cable on the wired connection. with the wireless, can you try to ping another computer that is on the network. can you see other coomputers on the network?
post back please
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users