Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Image Embedding and Attachment Rules

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

As a rather new member, and searching like crazy, I do not find a precise method (as of 10/2015) regarding:

How do I get an image embedded into a Forum?

Are there different rules or methods per Forum category to embed an image?

How do I embed a screen shot in a Forum? (or Forum category)

Examples: Photobucket is a "free" image host website; ImageShack (is NO LONGER FREE!)

Are there other 'free' options?

Attachments: (Thoughts)

What file extensions are alllowed?

Is there a list here in BC?

I have noticed in some Forum categories the option to Attach Files at the bottom of the Post Field; I see the following: You can upload up to 9.91MB of files (Max. single file size: 9.91MB). for a new member, is there a relative scale as to how many lines of text, pages etc. that equate to 9.91MB?

Might there be a new pinned rule about these types of questions?

I've noticed a few questions of late as "how do I" with similar question above.

Thanks for reading! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

I can only answer your first part - I generally use Imgur for uploading images. You don't even need to register to upload images if it's a one-time thing.

To embed an image into a post, you put the link of the image in IMG tags. For example this line:
[img=https://www.emsisoft.com/tl_files/images/banners/userbar_eis_500.gif]
...will show up as this banner when you post it without the codebox.

userbar_eis_500.gif

AFAIK there aren't any rules when it comes to embedding images, you can do it anywhere.

Screenshots are the same since they are essentially images of your screen, so just save it as a picture and embed it with the instructions above.

Hope this helps :)

#3 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:33 PM

Hi Alexstraza!

Grateful thanks for the imgur source! Terrific to know about, and it's bookmarked!

I appreciate your response to "are there other free options" to host photos to embed here in BC...

The remaing thoughts/questions in my post, will perhaps be answered by a Admin/Global Moderator/BC Advisor?

Best..

softeyes

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

How do I get an image embedded into a Forum?

You would need to use a free image hosting service, or if the forum allows it, you can add an image as an attachment to the post.

Are there different rules or methods per Forum category to embed an image?

No, not really. The easiest method is to use a free image hosting service and then just embed the image in the post.

How do I embed a screen shot in a Forum? (or Forum category)

You would need to upload the screenshot to an image hosting forum and then embed it into a post.

What file extensions are alllowed?

The image extensions allowed are jpg, png, and gif

I have noticed in some Forum categories the option to Attach Files at the bottom of the Post Field; I see the following: You can upload up to 9.91MB of files (Max. single file size: 9.91MB). for a new member, is there a relative scale as to how many lines of text, pages etc. that equate to 9.91MB?

Not really. Images are typically smaller, around 50-150KB. You can see how much space your attachments are using and delete old ones by going here :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

Embedded images in a post dont take up your attachment space.

Might there be a new pinned rule about these types of questions?
I've noticed a few questions of late as "how do I" with similar question above.

Will see what we can whip together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users