Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best External Webcam Specs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Draumalfr

Draumalfr

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:20 AM

I hope this is an okay question (and what's wrong with ok, Spellcheck). I would like some basic advice about external webcams. My computer has a built-in webcam, but it's not very good; it has a half second performance delay. I can't find any details about what type it is though: I guess the information is somewhere on the computer. I want to get a faster webcam with better definition, so I would appreciate some specification recommendations i.e., what all the technical jargon means as regard to the performance, and what would be compatible with my computer. My computer is an ASUS K53E-SX051V notebook. It has an i3-2310m processor (2nd Gen), 2x 2.10 Ghz (frequency?), and a 3MB cache. And it has a 4096 MB memory (I think this is working memory).

The answer would normally come down to price, and the more you spend the better the product you get. What I'm looking for is a webcam that delivers a good picture for mostly Skype calls, without overspending.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

I think you can just go pick up a $40 logitech webcam and be good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users