Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game and discord randomly disconnect at the same time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Majinken

Majinken

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

This has been driving me nuts for months now.

I switched to Comcast back in February for faster internet. They gave me a Cisco DPC3939 gateway and hooked everything up as normal. Everything works as expected... or so I thought.

I like to play a game called Dungeon Fighter Online in my spare time. It's a really good game... when it stays connected. Every so often I get a "disconnected, check your internet connection blah blah blah" message even though my internet stays connected. This game uses peer-to-peer for interactions with other players. Here's the kicker: when I get disconnected from the server I can still see everybody in my party running around and doing things as normal. I don't even lag when it happens. I cannot have disconnected from the internet... something is wrong.

Also I recently decided to try discord and I realized that if the game tells me it disconnects Discord says "No Line" at the same time.

The problem? It happens randomly throughout the day. Sometimes it happens twice in a few minutes, sometimes it doesn't happen at all for the whole day. I could be idling, doing things ingame, doesn't matter. If I check the logs on the gateway I see the following under Firewall Logs every single time I disconnect.

FW.IPv6 FORWARD drop, 1050 Attempts. 2015/10/13 19:19:43 Firewall Blocked

(It's one hour slow due to DST.)

The number of attempts varies, but it's always a drop. I printed out a month's worth of disconnects not too long ago... it was a whole page of the same errors!

And get this, nobody else says they lost internet. I called Comcast about the issue and they even said there hadn't been any disconnects on their end for the past 7 days!

I also see the following:

FW.IPv6 INPUT drop, 107 Attempts. 2015/10/13 18:58:08 Firewall Blocked

under firewall logs for every forward drop as well as a few

[Docsis][517]: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out 2015/10/13 15:48:00 Critical

under Event Logs. The no ranging response received message does not seem to correlate with my disconnects, however.

DFO and Discord are the only programs this happens with that I have found so far. Everything else including Brave Frontier stays online! I have Windows 10 but the disconnects have been happening even before 10 was available. Before I call comcast again I want to figure out whether I can fix this by myself by putting the DPC3939 into bridge mode or something as I suspect this is a gateway issue. I have tried disabling the firewalls and the issue remains. I'm at the edge of my sanity! Help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

The T3 error is your disconnect at the modem/Comcast level.

This talks about your ipv6 errors

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/IPV6/IPv6-Dropping-Losing-Internet-Connection/td-p/25933

#3 Majinken

Majinken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

That link seems to be talking about business customers. Though I'm not a business customer I get the general idea.

I will call them and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users