Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full Screen Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Punk_Out

Punk_Out

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:16 PM

I am having issues when I am in Full Screen when watching videos on Firefox or using my emulator. When in full screen my computer will randomly minimize it or switch away from it. I always have to hit Alt+Tab to switch back to it. It's not closing it's just switching back to Firefox. I use JNes emulator and it minimizes the whole program and when i go back to the program the full screen is black(the emulator makes it go black;my issue is that I keep getting kicked out of full screen), It doesn't seem to do it when I watch movies on PotPlayer. I haven't tested it on other programs but I think If I solve the problem for Firefox it would fix it for the other programs.

I've notices that this small cmd prompt box keeps popping up every 20-30 seconds or so. I think it's what's causing the problem when I'm in Full Screen but I'm not sure. Also I don't know why that box pops up. It's up for a fraction of a second so i don't even know if it says anything on it.

I've done a virus scan, a malware scan, and I cleaned up my temporary folders. I even did a Disk Fragmentation and a Disk Clean Up just to see if that did anything. I rebooted my system to see if it was related to my media server program (PS3 Media Server 1.90.1). In the program I have to set up Windows Service to get it working (so i can watch my media off my computer on my TV;All Share doesn't work properly with my computer on my Samsung TV for some reason). I went through all my installed programs, I checked All Programs to see if anything was in there I didn't reconize. I'm starting to scan every folders to see if anything strange is popping up but I haven't seen anything. I have had this problem a few months ago but ussually a Reboot removed my problem completely and I couldn't figure out why that fixed it temporarily.

It's has finally come to the point where i needed to come to a forum and see if there is someone out there that can help me. I know this isn't a simple virus or malware problem but I am going to find out what is wrong with my PC.

Edit: I noticed that on Firefox it only seems to be specific flashplayers that are closing. I watch online streams and the command prompt window still popped up (made it larged so I could make sure it was a cmd prompt window and I made the background blue;easier to read in blue) but it didn't interupt or minimize full screen. It was just a regular stream with a simple grey media bar on the bottom. The other one is a Flowplayer program that the stream is using and the command prompt seems to switch it out of full screen. I wish the command prompt would stop popping up. It's actually getting annoying.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Basic.

Edit: I just discovered that Malwarebytes wasn't scanning for rootkits when I was scanning my computer so I checked the box in the settings and I am now doing another scan.

Edited by Punk_Out, 14 October 2015 - 12:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Punk_Out

Punk_Out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

For some reason I cannot edit my post....

I checked my computer for malware and rootkits. Malwarebytes didn't find anything. I cannot figure out why this cmd box pops up every minute or so. I refreshed my firefox and surprisingly the streams using flowplayer seemed to only get interupted once while I was watching it yesterday.

I find the cmd box isn't popping up as frequently but it is still popping up. I just cannot figure out what makes this pop up.

Edited by Punk_Out, 15 October 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#3 Punk_Out

Punk_Out
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

I figured out what was wrong. It turns out it was my HP Solutions. For some reason there was a ton of duplicate HP temp files made and the program kept having an error that kept repeating over and over, hence the cmd.exe box popping up. So after completely uninstalling everything related to HP the problem instantly went away.

I ran Process Monitor and it found the problem for me. It's a pretty sweet program by Windows and it instantly helped me find the cause of my problem.

HP was giving me issues for the longest time before that and I had reinstalled the programs a few weeks ago but the problem didn't start until 2 weeks after it (I think). I notcied that there was multiple Printers in the list when printing and it had gone up to HP Printer F4180 (Copy 3), so it thought I had up to 4 different printers all running through one computer. I think this confused the program and was making a ridiculous amount of temp files and the program kept trying to make new temp files. I think it must of reached the limit for temp files and kept causing a error. Not being a computer expert it might be hard to explain what happened. Also, I forgot to write down what Process Monitor had said under the RESULT and DETAIL sections.

I just got to say, when searching for a solution for a random cmd.exe box popping up for a second every minute or so people will say it's malware or a virus but if all your scans come back clean it is always good to check your programs. And use Process Monitor and check out your processes. It's good to have some computer experience because it might be overwhelming for some people. I'll do some a final disk cleanning to get rid of those extra temp files, reboot, and try reinstalling my printer software. And then I will hope that this problem will never happen again.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Edited by Punk_Out, 15 October 2015 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users