Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows says my SSD is reporting failure, but it has no bad sectors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RogueCSDev

RogueCSDev

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

Windows keeps telling me my Corsair 480GB SSD is reporting failure, and crashes happen overnight (I usually leave my computer on). When I boot it back up after a crash (blackscreen), everything I've changed and saved is reverted back to an earlier version, even though I'm absolutely sure it's been saved. Is this something to do with data virtualization perhaps?

I downloaded HD Tune and scanned the SSD for bad sectors, but it found nothing wrong. I also did a read-only chkdsk, which reported no errors. I suspect the issue is with Windows, or the communication between Windows and the hard drive. What could be causing the problem? I'm very frustrated with loosing my hard work. I've rewritten the same piece of code twice now. I can't continue working until this problem is fixed. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

UPDATE: It just bluescreened with error code 0x00000077

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 13 October 2015 - 05:00 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'Windows crashes, BSODs, etc,'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users