Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is it okay to keep a laptop volume at 40?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joe600

joe600

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

my sound doesnt sound bad or anything but it sounds a little quieter now and i have been on it alot would this cause speaker problems i havent been blasting sound or anything 

Edited by hamluis, 14 October 2015 - 02:55 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

40 of what? 40%? Any level that does not cause the speakers to distort will be fine.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 joe600

joe600
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:29 AM

i mean the volume was at 40 and i have been using earbuds

#4 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:34 AM

Keeping your volume at 40 will not cause speaker problems. The only thing that could cause speaker problems (and it might not even cause them) is blasting loud music/sounds out of them a lot.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

If your music begins to break up at louder volumes this could be the audio system maxing out.  If this does occur I would suggest not leaving it at this level as it could damage the audio system.  If it isn't breaking up or distorting... rock on!

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users