Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update error code 8024001B

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:31 AM

Thanks FreeBooter - already did that quite early on in the process but herbman was absolutely right. My updates have finally installed automatically after waiting nearly a week. Thanks again herbman and I'm very surprised noone on the Win7 forums even mentioned this to me.

Glad to know your issue has been resolved.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

Thanks FreeBooter - already did that quite early on in the process but herbman was absolutely right. My updates have finally installed automatically after waiting nearly a week. Thanks again herbman and I'm very surprised noone on the Win7 forums even mentioned this to me.

This problem started very recently, the Update Readiness Tool and the Update Troubleshooter aren't having any affect so for.   So a lot of us are waiting to see what Microsoft is going to do to address this problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#18 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:14 AM

I am very surprised as well but i was just looking over the "Windows update & activation" forum over at "Seven forums" and the "windows updates taking forever" threads go more than 4 pages deep.

Some were advised to (set the computer never to sleep and just wait and wait as eventually the updates will come up  )  and some were advised to just troubleshoot ,  i suspect you were in the latter category unfortunately.

I think most people who are used to re installing and having updates show much sooner will definitely think somethings wrong with their computer but it appears this is happening to most people now and just set your computer to keep searching as it will eventually find all your updates.

If WU is actively searching and your not getting a message "cannot check for updates" then just wait it out seems to be the fix.

What a time waster but i'm glad they finally showed for you , now you got to get them all downloaded and installed , another waiting game.

Good luck 

Edited by herbman, 17 October 2015 - 11:15 AM.

#19 n01paranoid

n01paranoid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

i was indeed one of those advised to troubleshoot and download and run various tools. After you informed me of the problem I returned to that section in Win7 forums to point out that a large number of the new threads were about this issue and I suggested they create a Sticky about the problem or, at the very least, suggest people just hang on a few days before doing anything else. I was told they were fully aware of the issue and the section is busy enough without me moaning. Of course, the reason it's so busy is because they're not informing people about this issue. For instance I spent much of yesterday manually downloading individual updates which of course could have been avoided if I'd been properly informed at Win7 forums.

Anyway herbman, thanks to you at least everyone here reading this thread is aware of the issue.  

Edited by n01paranoid, 17 October 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#20 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

i was indeed one of those advised to troubleshoot and download and run various tools. After you informed me of the problem I returned to that section in Win7 forums to point out that a large number of the new threads were about this issue and I suggested they create a Sticky about the problem or, at the very least, suggest people just hang on a few days before doing anything else. I was told they were fully aware of the issue and the section is busy enough without me moaning. Of course, the reason it's so busy is because they're not informing people about this issue. For instance I spent much of yesterday manually downloading individual updates which of course could have been avoided if I'd been properly informed at Win7 forums.

Anyway herbman, thanks to you at least everyone here reading this thread is aware of the issue.  

I can't even paste correctly 

Well , i am not one of the many outstanding and  knowledgeable helpers here at BC , my computer knowledge is mediocre at best ,  actually mediocre is too good , lets go with poor to awful lol.

I am usually the one always asking for assistance from the knowledgeable folks here ,  i think your absolutely correct about it being a "sticky" on various forums until this issue seems to alleviate itself , if it ever does.

If a user is not getting a constant " windows cannot search for updates"  message just leave it alone and wait it out.

Thank you Sir for your kind complements , best wishes.

Edited by herbman, 17 October 2015 - 02:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users