Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display port on video card/monitor not recognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deltacoolguy

deltacoolguy

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

Display port on video card/monitor not recognized.

I purchased a Dell UltraSharp U2413 monitor and a Nvidia Quadro K2200 video card.  The monitor has DVI, Display Port, and mini-Display Port capabilities.  The video card has one DVI connection and two Display Port connections.

Got it all set up, plugged in the cord that came with the monitor (Display Port on the card to mini-Display Port on the monitor), and turned it on.  Nothing.  I get an error message saying there is no DVI connection.  I plug in my DVI cable from my previous set-up and it works great.

Why won't it recognize the Display Port cable?

Right now both are plugged in, but the configuration settings only offers the DVI as an option.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:14 PM

Do you have the latest drivers for the video card installed?

With the system and monitor shut down make the connection configuration you want, then turn on the components. See if that makes a difference.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 deltacoolguy

deltacoolguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:18 PM

Do you have the latest drivers for the video card installed?

With the system and monitor shut down make the connection configuration you want, then turn on the components. See if that makes a difference.

Dick

I installed new drivers that came on a disc with the card.  I will try a new boot, but it won't be untiul tomorrow.  I'll post the results either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users