Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad blocker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

Does anyone know of a good ad blocker for an iPad. The adds I get are small and to the top RHS of the screen.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wh0

Wh0

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

interesting article

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/09/apple-removes-ad-blockers-root-certificate/

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

Yes thanks for that Wh0, might just give it a miss for awhile. I am not getting big adds just a small one here and there when I first log on nothing serious though. I just click on the them to shut them out. Just the way things are going at the moment I guess.... :busy:

#4 Wh0

Wh0

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:34 AM

I feel your pain, my phone is a 5C, most of the better ad blockers require a 5S or higher

#5 patrick.croner

patrick.croner

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:39 PM

Download your Content Blocker of choice from the App Store. (I like Crystal.) You may not see the Content Blocker option in the Settings app without an applicable app installed.

Open the Settings app.

Go to Safari > Content Blockers

Enable the blockers of your choice.

And that's it! To disable a blocker, you can just return to this screen and turn off the switch next to it. (If you're running into trouble with these steps, try out the troubleshooting article on the subject.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users