Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound With Web-applications Or Flash.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowWalker

ShadowWalker

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Hi There!

I have a really weird problem! I can hear sound on every application on my computer, windows, games, alert sounds, etc.

But when i try play games with MSN or ICQ or when an ad has sounds or any audio integrated into a web page it doesn't play, i hear nothing!

My device is a realtek AC'97 audio.
Everybody can't be a hero, who's gonna cheer them on from the sidelines?

Ain't she a beaut? Zergl Zap-o-Matic 'Mangloincinerator' Mark II. Very powerful, but very difficult to aim. Here, put this apple on your head.
~ Joe The Circle (http://qntm.org/index)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShadowWalker

ShadowWalker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:34 AM

Oh and yes, i have re-installed the latest drivers.

Ain't she a beaut? Zergl Zap-o-Matic 'Mangloincinerator' Mark II. Very powerful, but very difficult to aim. Here, put this apple on your head.

#3 ShadowWalker

ShadowWalker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:59 AM

:thumbsup:

OK an update: (or just more detail)

I have reloaded the latest driver, i have double-checked volume settings, i have set windows systems sounds to default and i have tested my speakers with Direct X (latest 9.0c).

I have sound in:

WMP
Winamp
Games

I don't have sound in:

Windows system sounds (like start up, new email, error dings) I can't even sample them through controlpanel ----> sounds and audio devices.

No sound through flash applications

Some internet site's background music play, some dont.

I can't hear any sounds from my IMs (yahoo, msn, aol, icq)

I have noticed other people with a similar problem but they all have Macs. I have run virus scans, spybot and adware scans, removed programs i don't want anymore or thought might have caused this.

I'm still having a problem. It's not like a i can't live without it, but it's kinda a let down if i wanna play games through icq or watch flash movies!

Please! Any suggestions???

#4 Kasrielle

Kasrielle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:01 PM

I have the exact same problem! I'm running XP with all the updates. I have sound on things that are downloaded, but nothing when viewing any video on the internet that uses Flash. I have Flash 9. I went to the Adobe site and discovered on the forums that this is acutally a common problem and Adobe has not addressed it. Somebody put up a complicated update to the registry that will fix it, but I'm a footwarmer and couldn't figure out how to do it.

Help! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users