Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am Having issues with my computer not wanting to go online...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kalador5

Kalador5

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

I have tried malware removal and was directed here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592238/possible-infection-was-directed-here-from-another-mod-on-my-post-browser-issues/

the link to my previous post 

and the original post

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541705/all-browsers-crash-or-dont-open-even-in-safe-mode-with-networking/

Edited by Kalador5, 11 October 2015 - 02:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

So the computer is running normally other than no internet access? Do you see any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager next to your network controllers?

#3 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

no exclamation points or anything like that in device manager....i also cannot play anything with media player or vlc player....i did paste links to the other threads i have started ....when i try to go online with IE it shows a black screen and then it gives me the error " internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close "

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

The malware infection or removal may have broken enough things in Windows where you would need to do a repair install. Have you ran sfc /scannow at an elevated command prompt. This would look for any corrupt system files and try to replace them. If sfc /scannow does not solve the problem then you may need to do a repair install.

In your other threads I think your log showed Windows 7 ultimate. Do you have the install disk with the same SP?

If this is a retail version of Windows 7 and not OEM you can get the install iso here. Then do an inplace repair install

#5 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:01 AM

i can do a reinstall of the o/s...but i already did that and the same issue crops up everytime...all drivers for graphics card and everything else are current and i cannot get online to download anything..and update isnt working again ...

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:03 AM

This might come across strange, uninstall your ethernet and/or wireless adapter -- cold power down, cold power back up, let Windows rediscover and re-establish the drivers for those hardware pieces.  Or, just before trying that -- ensure your security software has not been recently too assertively set.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

Do you see anything devices under Network Adapters or Network Controllers in Device Manager? Are you trying to connect via Ethernet or Wireless? Did you try the Network Troubleshooter in Windows 7? 

#8 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

This might come across strange, uninstall your ethernet and/or wireless adapter -- cold power down, cold power back up, let Windows rediscover and re-establish the drivers for those hardware pieces.  Or, just before trying that -- ensure your security software has not been recently too assertively set.

did that more than once...no help there..thanks for the idea though

#9 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Do you see anything devices under Network Adapters or Network Controllers in Device Manager? Are you trying to connect via Ethernet or Wireless? Did you try the Network Troubleshooter in Windows 7? 

i have the same issue either way wireless and Ethernet....does not matter...I have tried all the troubleshooters in win 7 ...i tried with and without my graphics card as well...no help there either...i just keep getting the error message...

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

I am not sure if you have done this in your previous posts but reset winsock and tcp/ip

Type CMD at the search box and Right Click > Run As Adminstrator.   Type the following commands and press enter after each

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Reboot.

#11 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

I am not sure if you have done this in your previous posts but reset winsock and tcp/ip

Type CMD at the search box and Right Click > Run As Adminstrator.   Type the following commands and press enter after each

netsh winsock reset

Reboot.

i dont think i did those...i will try them and post the results

#12 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

netsh winsock reset

Reboot.

ok...i did this exactly as listed and still no help....is there a tool or program that could scan my computer and check if there is a hardware conflict?...could that be a problem?....

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

Tap F8 at boot and select Safe Mode with Networking. Can you access the internet with Ethernet?

#14 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

yes i can ...but right now its in another room in the house and connects wireless to the internet ....

and i am still having issues with safe mode with internet...same black box for the window...then the same message

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

If you can access internet in Safe Mode with Networking try doing a Clean Boot. Uncheck all startup items first. Can you access the internet? Then start adding startup items to see which one(s) may be causing the issue. Also do this with Non-Microsoft services if disabling all startup items still gives no internet.

https://www.winhelp.us/clean-boot-windows.html

Edit: Does disabling the Windows Firewall allow you to access the internet in normal mode? What AV are you using? See if disabling or removing it will let you access the internet.

Edited by JohnC_21, 13 October 2015 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users