Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequency Trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 seth anandram

seth anandram

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

I installed a game and when running it, it says "frequency out of range". my computer supports only a refreshing frequnecy of 60Hz for 1024 X 768 resolution. Is there any way to fix it?

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 19 July 2006 - 01:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:02 AM

I did a Google search and found a lot of results

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...cy+out+of+range

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:41 PM

I believe that means that your monitor doesn't support whatever it is that the program is doing to it, like changing the refresh rate.

Fixing the problem I'm not totally sure about. I believe some games (like BF2 for example) have different refresh rate and resolution settings that you may be able to change, however unless there is a way to do so outside of the game (like a command prompt to the icon), I'm unsure what you can do about it because if it is your monitor not being able to handle it, then you'd might have to get a new one (but lets not jump to that conclusion just yet)

I guess the next step would be to tell us the specs of your PC (especially the video card) and the monitor.

Edited by Wizdabest, 19 July 2006 - 11:55 PM.

#4 seth anandram

seth anandram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:16 AM

i have an intel D845GVSR motherboard with intel genuine processor.
the monitor is from LG dualtone.
the monitor supports resolution of maximum 1024 X 768 at a refresh rate of 60 Hz.
increasing the refresh rate make the monitor go blank.
i don't have an extra graphics card installed.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

What video card are you using? I know some games override the system settings. ATI's Catalyst drivers have an option to prevent this in the Catalyst Control panel. I don't know if Nvidia does.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users