Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BitLocker On - no it isn't! What's wrong?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

I've set up this app on my Win 10 Pro computer and made my password and printed the recovery key.

To try it out I (supposedly) encrypted a SD card which went thru OK. I then sent a file from My Documents to the card expecting perhaps the card would be locked, but no it went thru OK.

Going to the SD card ( which said Bitlocker On but shows an open padlock) to open it expecting it to be locked but the file opened as usual.  What am I missing here? I can't see any button to lock the card anywhere. Help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hi zzzz :)

When encrypting the drive for the first time it will remain unlocked unless you remove the device and reattach it or restart the computer while the SD Card is still connected.

#3 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

Brilliant! Thanks so much. Inserting that card again it showed locked and I can unlock it.

I saw no such info when activating the app but essential I think. :thumbup2:

#4 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

You're Welcome :grinner:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users