Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering photos cancelled while transferring

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lerk100113

Lerk100113

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:01 AM

Hi, hoping someone can help me! I was transferring my photos and videos from my iPhone to my computer the other day. However half way through it would stay on a certain percentage and not finish. my phone broke and nothing can be recovered from it. When I went on to my Dropbox account my photos and videos are not saved (another issue as I had it to automatically sync). Is there a way for me to recover the photos and videos that would have transferred before I cancelled? It did not save them in to the new file I had made. Is there some type of recovery tool I can use, or some hidden files somewhere? I really have no idea where to start. I also did not have it backed up to iTunes so that option is out. Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 17 February 2016 - 10:41 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Backup/Imaging - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

Hi Lerk100113, and Welcome,

A couple of questions   how and with what were trying to transfer the files with (usb, wi fi etc)

is this an iphone and how badly broken is it(hardware,won't start etc)

Hedge

Sorry I reread your post I can see its an iphone but still how badly broken

Edited by hedgeley, 10 October 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#3 Lerk100113

Lerk100113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

I was trying to transfer the photos through the usb connected to the phone. My phone got wet and looks like it can't be powered up. It is at a computer place where they are trying to fix it but they can't get enough power to it to turn on. They have tried replacing parts on it as well. Thank you

#4 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:55 AM

Hi Lerk100113,

That's unfortunate, its possible there may be some remnants on your hard drive but its unlikely and corrupted (because of the non completion of the transfer)

Sadly your best shot is with the phone and well.........

Good luck

Hedge 

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

You can purchase a SIM card reader for about $6.50.  See if you can retrieve your photos from the SIM card.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Lerk100113

Lerk100113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

Thanks. Is there a way to find the files of they areon the hard drive? I don't have a SIM card in my phone unfortunately.

#7 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:10 AM

Hi Lerk100113,

Their are loads out there for recovery of .JPG's' heres one, don't know how well it works

http://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/other-recovery-software/free-jpeg-file-recovery-freeware.htm

Good luck

Hedge

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

Thanks. Is there a way to find the files of they areon the hard drive? I don't have a SIM card in my phone unfortunately.

What is the make and model of this phone?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 Lerk100113

Lerk100113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:37 AM

It's an iPhone 6. Unfortunately it is broken and is unable to be fixed. They have even tried replacing a part and it won't turn on.

#10 Lerk100113

Lerk100113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

Thanks to both of you for your help. I really do appreciate it. I know I should have backed up my phone, but thought drop box was on top of it. I wouldn't worry except it had videos and footage of my baby when she was born.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

The iPhone 6 does have a SIM card.

Watch the video here.

#12 Lerk100113

Lerk100113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

Sorry now I know what you mean. But the photos on an iPhone are stored on the device, not the SIM card. That's what I've been told several times. But I will definitely give it a shot thanks.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

Unfortunately, after doing some more reading it appears that the iPhone 6 stores the photos on the camera roll, not the SIM card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users