Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Believe I am indeed very much infected

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 321letsjam

321letsjam

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:54 AM

Hello. I've been using rkill for many years and didn't notice you guys had these fantastic help forums until now! I do admit it was this problem I have now that got me to sign up so that I could ask. I hope that's OK.

I just got a 9 billion page long rkill log file. 

Which is very  unexpected because I have MBAM Premium on all the time, and I'm generally pretty careful. .. Anyway, I thought it'd be presumptuous to just post a log here before asking first. It's Tolstoy size! Includes things that sound scary such as:  ZEROACCESS Reparse Point/Junction found!,  and the fact that almost all of the other stuff is in C:\WINDOWS\     It is ridiculously long, could it perhaps just have something to do with rkill and windows 10 maybe? I'd never ran it on Windows 10 before today, and I only did because earlier I got a BSOD that said "windows 10 page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (fltmgr.sys)".

Thanks for taking the time and please tell me if I should proceed. Kind regards!

System: Windows 10 up-to-date.

Steps I have taken: Run rkill, get scared, sign up at bleepingcomputer. Also ran MBAM which found nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:01 AM

Hello and welcome to BC, 

do you have the latest version of RKill?

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 321letsjam

321letsjam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:07 AM

Hello and welcome to BC, 

do you have the latest version of RKill?

Yes I just downloaded it today!

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:11 AM

Hi there,

Please post the log from Rkill - if the ZA warnings are to be believed then you will need elevated help.

Edited by Alexstrasza, 10 October 2015 - 02:11 AM.

#5 321letsjam

321letsjam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:41 AM

Thank you. Is there another way to post it? I've been unable to create the Post by copy/pasting into here. It loads and then sort of times out. The log file is 4.22 mb.That can't be good, right?' I could quickly make a puush link, which would show all the text, but I don't want to do anything that's against the rules here!

I'll just paste the very beginning

Rkill 2.8.2 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2015 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 10/09/2015 10:14:19 PM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Windows Defender Disabled

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
   "DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001

* ALERT: ZEROACCESS Reparse Point/Junction found!

* C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpClient.dll => <Unknown Target> [File]
     * C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpRtp.dll => <Unknown Target> [File]
     * C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => <Unknown Target> [File]
     * C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\mpuxhostproxy.dll => <Unknown Target> [File]
     * C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\NisIpsPlugin.dll => <Unknown Target> [File]
     * C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\NisLog.dll => <Unknown Target> [File]

* Reparse Point/Junctions Found (These may be legitimate)!

* C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\CustomMarshalers\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\CustomMarshalers.dll => <Unknown Target> [File]

(Then there are about a billion of these all in a row) They all say [File]. Most start with: System32, SysWOW64, System, WinSxs, etc )

After that it ends like this:

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.

Program finished at: 10/09/2015 10:16:28 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 2 minute(s), and 9 seconds(s)

Edited by 321letsjam, 10 October 2015 - 02:44 AM.

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:43 AM

I recommend that you seek elevated help on this. ZeroAccess rootkit remains can be troublesome.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users