Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Connected, Internet Access, DNS Errors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amoed77

Amoed77

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

So i've been trying to fix this issue for almost a week now.  It's a work computer and i cannot replace the software at this point, else i would have just reloaded it. 

Everything worked fine until Monday afternoon.  Windows 7 Pro updated a few things, nothing out of the ordinary.  After restart, quickbooks crashes, firefox is not starting and just comes up with an error stating it crashed, and Chrome just gives me the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.  Ive tried on wireless and wired, all same results.  It's says im connected and have Internet Access.  And with every crash report, i tried to send to Mozilla or Intuit, it keeps giving me the "cannot connect to server errors".  Ive tried to go back to a restore point, but that didn't work.  Same issues.  I've tried uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, turning off Windows Firewall, checking adapter settings, setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, SFC on Win 7, resetting Winsock, resetting IP4 and IP6 Stacks, uninstalling and reinstalling adapters and connections, and so many other things that i can't remember them all at this point.  We have many other computers on the same network with no issues.  I've run multiple scans via Spybot, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, and Microsoft Security Essentials.  I did have advanced System Care on there, but took that off as well as it was crashing after the updates as well.  And just like everything else, i cannot update these programs as they cannot connect to the servers.  I just ran them in a live OS environment instead. 

Needless to say, im about to pull my hair out.  I will try anything at this point, but cannot lose the Quickbooks software.  I cannot reinstall it.  Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Amoed77

Amoed77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

Still haven't gotten anywhere on this.  Anyone else have ideas?

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,520 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

Has the user changed or installed anything?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users