So i've been trying to fix this issue for almost a week now. It's a work computer and i cannot replace the software at this point, else i would have just reloaded it.
Everything worked fine until Monday afternoon. Windows 7 Pro updated a few things, nothing out of the ordinary. After restart, quickbooks crashes, firefox is not starting and just comes up with an error stating it crashed, and Chrome just gives me the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. Ive tried on wireless and wired, all same results. It's says im connected and have Internet Access. And with every crash report, i tried to send to Mozilla or Intuit, it keeps giving me the "cannot connect to server errors". Ive tried to go back to a restore point, but that didn't work. Same issues. I've tried uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, turning off Windows Firewall, checking adapter settings, setting DNS to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, SFC on Win 7, resetting Winsock, resetting IP4 and IP6 Stacks, uninstalling and reinstalling adapters and connections, and so many other things that i can't remember them all at this point. We have many other computers on the same network with no issues. I've run multiple scans via Spybot, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, and Microsoft Security Essentials. I did have advanced System Care on there, but took that off as well as it was crashing after the updates as well. And just like everything else, i cannot update these programs as they cannot connect to the servers. I just ran them in a live OS environment instead.
Needless to say, im about to pull my hair out. I will try anything at this point, but cannot lose the Quickbooks software. I cannot reinstall it. Thanks!