Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cmd "No items match your search"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

No matter what I type into the search box in the start menu, windows 7 search always returns "No items match your search." This happens even with things that I know for certain exist. (e.g. cmd, charmap, msconfig, dxdiag) What can I do to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Open the Control Panel and select Indexing Options.

Click on Advanced, then click on Rebuild.

If you are prompted for a password, enter yours.  If you do not have a password press Enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 EvilJ

EvilJ

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:04 PM

I am having this exact same issue. I've rebuilt the index, checked start_search in the registry, turned the search feature on and off, ran SFC, and antivirus comes up with nothing =\

#4 EvilJ

EvilJ

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:53 PM

Welp, I used a program called "combofix" which I found on here, and it fixed whatever was wrong, so there's that for anybody else having the issue

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:30 AM

The successful use of ComboFix to resolve apparent system problems...indicates that the system is a victim of malware.

This forum does not deal with malware situations...and members are not advised to run ComboFix without guidance from the BC Malware Response Team.  The forum for malware situations that may be reflected in ComboFix and other malware tools designed to neutralize malware...would be  BC Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html .

FWIW:  I would never run a tool like ComboFix on the advice/suggestion offered by anyone other than a BC MRT member.

Louis

#6 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

I have rebuilt the index several dozen times until it says "indexing complete" but it still says "no items match your search" for cmd and all other system tools. what else can I do to get this to work because it refuses to show anything system related

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users