Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista 64 bit computer hangs randomly and frequently. BSOD once

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

Hello and thanks in advance for your effort!

Mozilla browser works the best but still hangs. Chrome and IE hang within a minute and become unresponsive.

One report says no anti virus installed but this is not true. I pay for Avast  and updated it regularly. I have ran their scan but they want me to buy Optimize My PC for $35.88 a year. I distrust such ploys but would do this if you guys/girls recommend.

Firewall: I had avast firewall on and Windows off but at one point Windows clicked back on so 2 were running. I know this is bad so I changed to have Windows ON and Avast off but Dang it, Avast is now back on. I can't keep one off!

I am going to post so I do not lose this before a freeze but going to continue try to shut off windows firewall.

Will check back either from this computer or I have a second laptop running linus Precise puppy

Abzurd

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Abzurdly Zane again

I did take successfully take down Windows firewall.

Another embarrassing action I did a few days ago was run Device managger and discovered TeredoTunneling Pseudo-interface was not working. I ran a windows find solution and *gasp* for first time in my life it worked! It said install a tun or dun... something?  I downloaded it but didn't write it down because I assumed I would be able to bring it up in device manager again but no! Teach me to not write things down.

#3 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

Well Hello again... AZ here.

I attempted to do the Driver verifier as instructed and worked my way through it but on reboot computer would not start. Twice. I attempted restart repair and finally got through 2nd time.

I chose not to do a restore point because I had difficulty establishing a restore point and I know the one I can access is when I am having all these problems...

Interesting I checked firewalls again and discover BOTH were running! SO I think my firewalls click on automatically when I restart which may explain alot. I have now turned Windows off as its the easiest for me to work with.

I have to leave to go have a deep cleaning of my teeth. Just a day of delight here but I will return in about two hours and continue my fumblings.

Abzurdly

Edited by abzurdly zane, 09 October 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#4 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hello Me again!

I downloaded sea tools and ran disc in DOS. I didn't notice where to click for Long test.  It said 1 device Fujitzu MHZ2320BH then cut off a 0 maybe? screen was too small to show all of number.

serial number also cut off then Revision 00850009 Test program Idle.

When my windows came back up it froze again but eventually straightened itself out and resumed without rebooting. My Firewall are still one off and one on as I had set it previously.

I will try the Driver verifier test again. Last time it crashed

Abzurdly

#5 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

Okay me again.

I think I got driver verifier started and it needs to run for 24 hours. I don't want to check in case it crashes me again.

Firewalls are still set okay... one on and one off

Last crash Windows check of Problem had the following information

Problem Blue screen (even though I didn't see a blue screen)

BCCode C4

BCP1 00000000000000E3

BCP2 FFFFFA6004225731

BCP3 00000000778579A0

for what its worth... and thanks again to who ever shows up to lend a hand.

Absurdly

#6 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

Computer is hanging up often so I post little bit of results as I get them. 3rd time for this attempt.

Seatools V 2.23 passed

SMART is supported and enabled

SMART is NOT been tripped

Short DST passed

Long DST passed

Number of LBAs 625142447 320.073 GB

Whole test took 2 hours? I thought it was supposed to take 24 hours.

#7 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

5. OS Vista x64 bit preinstalled in I think January 2009 on,

Dell Laptop Studio 1737 Model # PP31L 19.5V - 4.62 V

CPU Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz  RAM 4.00GB

Video Card

Generic PNP Monitor on Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

#8 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hard Drive is a Fulitsu MHZ2320BH G2 ATA Device  I am really getting lost on the Toshiba site where I am supposed to download a HDD Diagnostic tool. I need additional help to do this test

Sorry

#9 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

I am trying to download a Memtest86+ V5.01 (27/09/2013)

I unzipped the file but can't seem to load it in my Image Burner (ImgBurn)

Sorry again

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:39 AM

Sorry for the delay, but there aren't many people who do BSOD analysis.

The BCCode: C4 error is a report of a BSOD while you were running Driver Verifier.

Seatools test is good enough, no need to run others at this point.

The test doesn't take 24 hours.  The only tests that I suggest that take 24 hours is Prime95.

I suggest that you run Driver Verifier for 36 hours, and that you run MemTest overnight.

But, let's start with the things you've uploaded already, and we'll move on from there.

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.  Please do this:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. 

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

This device is disabled in Device Manager.  Is this deliberate?  If so, why did you disable it?

facap, FastAccess Video Capture    ROOT\IMAGE\0000    This device is disabled.

Regardless of why it's disabled, please enable it and update the drivers associated with it (should be available from the Dell website).

After it's updated you can feel free to disable it again if it's not needed.

The only memory dump listed in the WER section of MSINFO32 dates from January of 2014 - this is likely not significant to the problem that you're experiencing now. (it relates to a webcam driver).

There are no memory dumps listed in the KernelDumpList.txt report either.

If the above suggestions about dump files don't help to capture memory dumps - then we'll have to pursue a different course.

One option is having you deliberately cause a BSOD using Driver Verifier - and then read the information on the BSOD (here's an annotated copy of what to look for:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodimg.html )

The system must be set to stop on error in order to let the BSOD show for long enough so that you can read it.  No need to do this right now, but if you do, post back for instructions on how to enable "stop on error".

There's not much else in the reports.  As such I'd think that the problem was most likely hardware/compatibility/low-level driver caused.

Start with the free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

Apologizing for a delay in response? Oh Please! I am very grateful for your attention because every time this website helps me I learn more about my computer!

I think these will work... *wishing very hard*

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpolbvivjb4dqt5/Mini100915-01.dmp%20-%20Shortcut.lnk?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g42gjv2teezj31/Mini100915-02.dmp%20-%20Shortcut.lnk?dl=0

#12 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

I enabled Facap FastAccess Video Capture in device manager

When I went to the Dell Website and ran an analysis they recommended 3 updates. I downloaded all three.

My thought would be to update one at a time. The first had a Red Explanation mark by it

Hard-Drive

File Name:R302080.exe

I think I have to restart so I will post what I am updating each time in case I crash again there is a record separate them my memory.

#13 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

When I went to the Dell website to update facap driver (after I enabled it) They recommended to run an analysis. So... I did. I figure its DELL! They are on my side.

They said to update these three:

The first had a red triangle with a ! symbol. Looks ominous to me! I set restore point and have installed the first one. R302080

Dell Studio 1737 System BIOS, A09   View details

R302080.exe (2MB)

Result: Computer restarted without problem and came up faster. Before that little blue ring would circle forever, blinking in and out so seems faster on starting.

Next I am installing #2
ITE CIR Receiver Driver
  View details

R227772.exe (1MB)

Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices | Release date 12 Oct 2009 | Last Updated 20 Dec 2013

Dell Wireless WLAN 1397/1510 Half MiniCard Driver   View details

R206848.exe (67MB)

Edited by abzurdly zane, 11 October 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#14 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

After second update and reboot seems all is well. On to third update listed above per Dell. R206848

#15 abzurdly zane

abzurdly zane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

Third update of Dell suggested updates with new restore point set before each and with reboot after each.

All going well. No more crashes and computer restarts faster.

OF NOTE: I had earlier enabled the facap, FastAccess Video Capture and as I look at Device manager again later ZOOWIE! it is back being disabled!

So I enabled it again.

Firewalls are holding steady since yesterday with AVAST on and Windows off.

I am about to install drivers  as suggested by diagnostic test http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

FUJITSU MJA2500BH G2 ATA Device Driver Installer for vista 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users