Hello everyone, normally I am fairly proficient with computers and capable of solving computer problems on my own after some google searches and experimenting, but this one is throwing me for a loop.
I have a Windows 7 machine that has one of the cpu cores that keeps getting maxed by svchost.exe (25% overall usage)
Now when I open the resource monitor and find the offending svchost in the overview tab, it is named "svchost.exe (LocalServiceNetworkRestricted)" Once I tick that one, and then head over to the CPU tab, I find that the offending services are always one of the following 3 Dhcp/Audiosrv/eventlog (sometimes it bounces between the 3, but usually Dhcp is the largest/most common culprit, Audiosrv is second, and eventlog is least)
The system is otherwise running well, I did a scan that found nothing with Nod32 antivirus software that was expired (at which point I uninstlaled it), I have since gotten the free version of Avira, which also found nothing. MalwareBytes found nothing, and windows defender found nothing. This leads me to believe its a windows problem, and not a virus/malware issue.
Thanks for the help