Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Also I believe the "Hidden" updates are installed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:09 AM

From cmptrgy in my By choice or force topic in the Support area.

Maybe  the "GWX Control Panel" (from http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/) to disable GWX and prevent auto-upgrading to Win10 could be helpful in your case.

All quotes are from Ultimate Outsider but [ ..... ] means it has been taken from a longer set of sentences of the same meaning
It can all be all checked from the link given.

(The purpose of the Get Windows 10 app is to annoy you into giving your consent!)
So if you really don't want Windows 10 yet, it's best not to click that "Reserve" button to begin with!

..... I am neither anti-Microsoft nor anti-Windows 10, but I am absolutely opposed to the design and methodology of the Get Windows 10 App.

.....The Get Windows 10 app has many traits that are usually associated with malware:
..... It's non-essential software that's deceptively bundled with other, legitimate software via the Windows Update process.
..... In computer security circles, software that claims to be something it's not is called a Trojan.

2 words are bolded by me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users