Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell XPS 8300 WIndows 7 - Won't Recover from SLEEP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BarbBrenk

BarbBrenk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

I've tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue.  Last week for no particular reason, my PC would not "wake up".   I have it set to go to sleep, not hibernate, and I have always been able to push the space bar or move the mouse and wake up the PC.   Now it will not respond and I have to press the power button, which takes me to a "resuming windows" state, which is almost like a reboot.  I have upgraded the BIOS, video drivers, checked to see all of my windows updates have taken place (one looks corrupt), run most of the software from Microsoft to 1) test system files (SFC SCAN), 2) fix the Windows Udpate tool; 3) repair the .net framework, removed software I was no longer using and cleaned up the registry with ccleaner, run a complete chkdsk, nothing is making a difference.   

I'm running Windows 7 Home SP1,  64 bit, intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM,

This is my last hope before installing Windows 10 to see if it resolves the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Barb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users