Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Several BSODs after installing Win 10 Pro.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 greysmouth

greysmouth

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Hello! Please, may I have your help in order on several crashes once Win 10 was installed on my laptop.

Here attached the report files you need except perfmon.zip because of a system error. Thanks in advance, greysmouth BO IT.Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   565.81KB   2 downloadsAttached File  BSDO.txt   2.09KB   4 downloadsAttached File  FRST.txt   102bytes   0 downloadsAttached File  Addition.txt   45.94KB   0 downloadsAttached File  MTB.txt   32.75KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:44 PM

BSOD text refers to your wireless driver.

==================================================
Dump File         : 100815-34640-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 08/10/2015 13:40:33
Bug Check String  : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code    : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1       : 0x8e3b3740
Parameter 2       : 0x00000002
Parameter 3       : 0x00000000
Parameter 4       : 0x9643098c
Caused By Driver  : NETwLv32.sys
Caused By Address : NETwLv32.sys+3098c
File Description  : Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver
Product Name      : Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter

Company           : Intel Corporation
File Version      : 13.4.0.139
Processor         : 32-bit
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+126ae0
Stack Address 1   : NETwLv32.sys+3098c
Stack Address 2   : NETwLv32.sys+30d9e
Stack Address 3   : NETwLv32.sys+3231f
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100815-34640-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 2
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 10240
Dump File Size    : 149.080
Dump File Time    : 08/10/2015 13:42:41
==================================================

The Toshiba laptop came preinstalled with Windows 7 or Vista? There would be driver support issues and performance with your current setup IMO. Might be worth sticking with the original OEM windows edition instead.

Tekken

#3 greysmouth

greysmouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:14 AM

Hello. My laptop came with Win vista but unfortunately there's no more support in the Toshiba website and I couldn't find any previous driver by Intel. Any suggestions in order to find that driver in the Net? Thank you and regards, greysmouth BO IT.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

Well, the only drivers available are for Vista as its either the Windows 10 generic drivers may work or most likely it will not in your case. If the only trouble or BSOD is pertaining to the wifi card driver missing or incompatble by the latest operating system, then it may work using a USB wifi adapter that is known to work in the latest Windows edition. As a note or reminder, this does not include other potential problems in terms of hardware/software/updates and programs that may not run or make your system unstable.

Tekken

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

We can look at the Intel Download Center ( http://downloadcenter.intel.com ) to see if they have any later drivers available for this WiFi card.

But we'll need the exact model number (A200-xxxxx) in order to tell exactly which model card is being used.

Also, your BIOS is especially old (and W8/10 systems utilize the BIOS much more than did Vista/7).  It is V2.60, and it dates from 28/08/2008.

Although we may be able to update the wifi driver, you may still face problems due to the age of this system.

I had a system with a 2008 BIOS that couldn't support W8.  I spent months trying to get it to work - and even took it to the MVP Summit at Microsoft where I had some of the best tech minds in the world to look at it.  And we came to the conclusion that the system just wouldn't support W8 - and that I'd continue to face strange problems if I left 8 on it.  I reverted the system to W7 and it has run fine since then.

Good luck!

Edited by usasma, 10 October 2015 - 04:33 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 greysmouth

greysmouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:14 PM

Hi. Exactely, I think you are right. So, the only thing to do now is purchasing a new laptop. I keep searching for the driver again, but I feel like banging my head against a wall. Thank you so much for you support,anyway I won't revert to Win 7. My best regards, greysmouth BO IT.

Attached Files

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

This Intel Download Center page shows that the device is not supported by Intel for W10

Also, the only W8 drivers available for this device are "in-box" drivers (one's that come with the Windows installation.

In order to get them you'd have to install W8 and let it update the card through Windows Update.

You may want to try installing the W7 drivers using compatibility mode for W7 - but there's no guarantee that that will work.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 greysmouth

greysmouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

Hi! Here attached is the last report. Please, what about the USB network adapter you wrote in a previous post? Any suggestions in order to buy it, will be appreciate.. Best regards, greysmouth BO IT P.S. Still trying to find out a solution, even a shortcut.

Attached Files

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

jhayz suggested the USB wifi adapter, so I'll leave it to him to suggest one.

I don't like them (due to BSOD problems that I've seen with them), but if this is truly a problem with this device and W10 - it may be your only choice.

#10 greysmouth

greysmouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Ok. Many thanks, greysmouth BO IT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users