Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS s200e has stopped connecting to all TVs via HDMI...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimbobaggins

jimbobaggins

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

Greetings all.

I'm new to the forum so howdy all and pleasure to be acquainted....My friend advised I join the forum to resolve some major issues I was having with my notebook.....like a doofus I downloaded firefox from a disreputable source it seems and didn't pay attention whilst installing and before you know it my notebook was infested with god knows what causing all sorts of shenanigans.....anyway, I followed someone elses thread and downloaded CC cleaner and that seemed to sort the problem right out....

HOWEVER, whilst I was doing all this I was connected to the Hitachi big screen in my living room no problem....when I went into the bedroom I attempted to connect to the LG tv which at first appearances seemed to work fine....the picture was there but when i went into the sound controls to manually change sound to TV as default (this is the only way I can change the sound output from either notebook/headphones or TV) it said that the TV wasnt connected despite there being a picture on the screen....I restarted the notebook and since then I've not been able to connect to either TV.......I was having trouble validating my email (my fault I typed the wrong email in) so I've spent a good few hours trawling other forums....tried rolling back the driver and updating.....changing the resolution.....setting the display to two screens.....absolutely nothing seems to work....

I always feared turning into one  of them idiots who couldn't work the VCR and always though I'd be ahead of the curve but it seems technology has run away with itself and I am well and truly behind the curve.....many thanks in advance to anyone who may have any assistance for me on this front.

JIM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer

Questions

Which port did you use to connect the notebook to the TV (like HDMI)?

Greetings all.

I'm new to the forum so howdy all and pleasure to be acquainted....My friend advised I join the forum to resolve some major issues I was having with my notebook.....like a doofus I downloaded firefox from a disreputable source it seems and didn't pay attention whilst installing and before you know it my notebook was infested with god knows what causing all sorts of shenanigans.....anyway, I followed someone elses thread and downloaded CC cleaner and that seemed to sort the problem right out....

It is better if you are fully sure that malware is removed (sometimes traces remain)

For that, I suggest that you post to Am I infected? What do I do? just to be sure

And, uninstall Firefox and download it from its actual website here

-CKing

Edited by CKing123, 08 October 2015 - 09:14 PM.

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 jimbobaggins

jimbobaggins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hi CKing

Thanks for the reply....I've reinstalled firefox from firefox and the notebook seems to be running like a dream apart from the connection problem with the HDMIl lead to either TV in the house.

I've moved the thread as suggested so hopefully I'll get some assistance in the right forum regardinf possible residual malware which will be handy as I have another laptop here that needs a deep cleansing before installing windows 10.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users