Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Avast Antivirus 2015

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 needhelp3

needhelp3

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

So i did smart scan with Avast and apparently i have performance issues on my computer..? I cant solve them with Avast if i dont update Pc optimizion tool. What should i do now? Can i delete the performance issues with myself or just let them be there?

LdM5hOe.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

Just below the Activate button is an option to Skip.

I would select that one and just move on.

It is simply Avast trying to sell you something. Please note that I use (and am using) Avast and love it, but, like all Free Products, will still try to sell me something from time to time.

No concerns here. Just select the Skip option and then you're good

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

I would recommend that you manage those "performance issues" with a tool like CCleaner, it's built to do these things.

#4 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

I would recommend that you manage those "performance issues" with a tool like CCleaner, it's built to do these things.

+1  :thumbup2:

The Cleaning feature on that app - CCleaner - is wonderful.

Just be careful not to use the Registry feature without some serious supervision.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Just be careful not to use the Registry feature without some serious supervision.

Best is to not touch it at all. The registry does not need to be cleaned if you don't have malware infections.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

Avast Cleanup (formerly GrimeFighter) is part of the Smart scan option) which reports performance issues such as unwanted applications, unnecessary files...and includes a junk cleaner, removal of bloatware and registry optimization.

Avast Cleanup

Avast Cleanup is a new optimization tool which replaces the old GrimeFighter product that clears disk space and speeds up your system.

Avast GrimeFighter

Avast GrimeFighter is a fully automated optimization tool for your computer that is meant to complement the services provided by Avast Antivirus 2015. Avast GrimeFighter provides an as-needed solution to clean and speed up your system by removing bloatware, trialware, adware, and other unwanted files so that your computer is running in its most optimal state.

Avast GrimeFighter ("Scan for performance issues" option)

If you do not see a Scan for performance issues option upon opening Avast Antivirus 2015 user interface and selecting the Scan section, please check again in 5-10 minutes. If after 10 minutes you still do not see it and you meet all the system requirements, then Avast Antivirus 2015 has determined that your system is incompatible with running Avast GrimeFighter for other reasons.

Avast GrimeFighter Review

avast! GrimeFighter displays the total amount of space occupied by junk and bloatware files, as well as the number of unnecessary apps that run at Windows startup. Additionally, you can also explore how many toolbars you can remove to speed up your browsers, and how many registry tweaks you can apply. If you choose to fix all the detected issues, your computer will enter a state similar to hibernation which enables avast! GrimeFighter to thoroughly analyze and fix your PC, without the possibility of you accidentally interfering with this process.

About avast GrimeFighter 2015

GrimeFighter scans your Windows system for present ‘grime’ like malware, spyware, or intrusive toolbars. Also it scans for unnecessary programs which are being run at the start-up of your Windows, and optimizes your system settings to make your computer runs smoother. For making up more free space it scans for redundant files on your hard-drive...GrimeFighter scans your Windows system for present ‘grime’ like malware, spyware, or intrusive toolbars. Also it scans for unnecessary programs which are being run at the start-up of your Windows, and optimizes your system settings to make your computer runs smoother. For making up more free space it scans for redundant files on your hard-drive.

Will avast! GrimeFighter speed up my old PC?

If you run an avast! GrimeFighter scan for the first time on your computer, and you don’t have a license yet, you’ll need to purchase it...avast! GrimeFighter comes as a 1, 2, or 3 year subscription. You can get it through avast! Antivirus 2014 products, and it’s also available as a standalone application.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

I would ignore fixing any issues related to the registry for the reasons noted above and since Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 needhelp3

needhelp3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

Thank you guys alot! I did download CCleaner and i think im fine now. Thanks!

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

BTW...While CCleaner is safe and useful for removing temporary and junk files, I do not recommend using the built-in registry cleaning feature for reasons already noted.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users