Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Product webpage on Target.com doesn't work, but the rest does.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 philippa22

philippa22

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hello, I am writing because I am trying to purchase some items on Target's website. When I go to "Target.com" the webpage shows up fine. Also, if I go to any general category, for example cleaning products, or bookcases. The problem is when I try and click on a specific product, no matter what the product is it says "the webpage cannot be found. There may be an error in the address or the page may be out of date". This has been going on for 4 days. Can someone help me please?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

what happens when you click on this....Threshold™ Carson Horizontal Bookcase : Target

Do you see this: Threshold™ Carson Horizontal Bookcase

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 philippa22

philippa22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

That showed me a real Target page. It doesn't show the photo of the bookcase, but it does show the Overview, and details with the text underneath it.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

You should see the bookcase and color choices. Do you have more than one browser installed and does this happen in more than one browser?

Are you using a script blocker such as NoScript?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 philippa22

philippa22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

I don't know if I have more than one browser installed. I don't know anything about that stuff. I also don't know how to try another browser (in response to the other responses that aren't showing up here, though they do in my e-mail).

Oh, I also don't know anything about scriptblockers or if I have one installed.

Edited by philippa22, 07 October 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

Describe your computer...Desktop...Laptop...other

Do you have an Antivirus installed such as McAfee, Norton, Avast, AVG....etc?

If you haven't installed another browser in Windows then you are using IE...Internet Explorer....right?

Do you know which Windows Operating system you are using...for instance...XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 10 ?

#7 philippa22

philippa22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:36 PM

It's an Asus laptop. I think maybe it came with anti virus (it's about 2 months old), but it expired? I haven't added anything since I got it. Yes, I am using internet explorer and windows 8.1. Thanks.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

If you see an icon for the antivirus on your desktop...try clicking on it, explore to find how to disable or give the name of the program

so I can assist you to disable it. Some antivirus programs have script blocking capabilities.

Your IE settings may have been changed if you were once able to shop Target and this problem is new.

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop.

3. Tap or click the Tools button f2d3a394-a4c3-4747-989e-cf3f6b782b2f_43., and then tap or click Internet options.
  4. Tap or Click the Advanced tab, and then tap or click Reset.

5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.

6. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC for these changes to take effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users