Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not connecting to modem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alumar

Alumar

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:05 PM

I just installed my cable / internet modem at home, the Wifi works fine however my desktop is not getting Internet connection from my modem. My desktop is connected to the modem via cable and I tried all 4 ports at the back of the modem but still no go. When I try to unplug and plug back in the cable from my desktop the internet icon appears to scan but after a few minutes it displays a Yellow warning icon for no internet connection. Do I need to install the drivers for my modem first for this to work? The brand for my modem is Technicolor TC7110.d and I'm using a desktop with windows 7 OS.

PS: There's light coming from the port of my model and the back of my PC. Any help of advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

Have you checked in Network and Sharing Center to make sure the LAN connection is enabled?

The modem would only need drivers if it is a USB connected modem. Your modem is not a USB device.

When you installed the modem, did you shut down your computer, make the connections and turn on the computer after the modem lights were steady?

If not, you can also try turning the computer off and then back on if you have not already done so.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 October 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#3 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the immediate response Queen-Evie will check on that one. If it's already enabled what could possibly be wrong?

Edited by Alumar, 06 October 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

I edited my post above to include something else. If neither of those works, I have no clue what is wrong.

#5 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

alright, will try those

#6 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:22 AM

Hello i tries those steps but no go..i run diagnostics and got microsoft teredo tunneling adapter has a driver problem

#7 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

I've got it, I just need to disable and re enable my network connection. I'm wondering why it does not automatically connect to the modem.

Edited by hamluis, 19 October 2015 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users