This may be the isharpsoft virus. let's run some scans and see what we find.
Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. After clicking on the link the download will start automatically.
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open. If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.
If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below. Click on Scan
You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.
3) The scan will automatically run now.
4) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Delete All.
5) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.
To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop. Copy and paste the log in your topic.
Please run AdwCleaner
Please download AdwCleaner and install it.
When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Scan to start the scan.
Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed. If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
Click on Clean to remove the selected items. If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed. Click on OK. The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.
When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented. Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Please do the following to clean your Extensions.
Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
Open the General tab.
Change the home page and click OK.
Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove unwanted extension.
Click Search Providers and set a new default search engine.
Press Alt+F and point to Tools.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Under On startup, select the last option and click Set pages.
Set a new startup page.
Under Search, click Manage search engines and click enter the URL of your new default search provider. Click Ok.
Press Alt+T and click Options.
Open the General tab and change the home page.
Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions.
Close the tab.
Click the search engine icon next to the search box and select a new search provider.
Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***
ESET Online Scanner
- Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
- Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Edited by dc3, 07 October 2015 - 09:31 AM.