Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BleepingComputer is excited to announce tomorrow's launch of our redesigned site

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:59 AM

BleepingComputer.com is excited to announce the upcoming launch of our redesigned web site. On Wednesday, 10/7/2015, BleepingComputer.com will be taken down for 2 hours as we switch to our new design. This new site has been designed from the ground up to make it easier to use, more pleasing to the eye, mobile accessible, and more current in web technologies. We still have many plans for the site that were unable to make it into this release, so be prepared for new features in the near future.

So you do not get confused when you visit BleepingComputer.com tomorrow, the new design will look like the following image of our dev site:

169-new-site.jpg

Some of the new features include:
  • Responsive web design so that it is usable in both desktop and mobile.
  • Dedicated news section.
  • Easy to use drop-down header navigation menu
  • Cleaner fresh look.
  • Updated design for all sections of the site.
Future features:
  • New logo
  • Integration of new layout into the forums
We hope you are as excited as us and if you have any questions about the new layout, please feel free to ask us here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:25 AM

Full steam ahead! Lucky i'm offline for the rest of today.

You've made a spelling mistake: BlepingComputer is excited to announce tomorrow's launch of our redesigned site

Edited by CodeSmasha, 06 October 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,796 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:35 AM

Full steam ahead! Lucky i'm offline for the rest of today.

You've made a spelling mistake: BlepingComputer is excited to announce tomorrow's launch of our redesigned site

Fixed. Thanks

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Writers may have been thinking of: The four-eyed fishes are a genus, Anableps, of fishes in the family Anablepidae.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Cannot wait for this new design!

#6 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

Won't be online much tomorrow. But we will see. :DDD

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

On Wednsday, 10/7/2015, BleepingComputer.com will be taken down for 2 hours as we switch to our new design.

Typo :P On a side note... what am I going to do during that 2 hours downtime? :(

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the update! If I saw that when I logged in, I'd think it was a redirect. That reminds me, I was working on a machine a few days ago that had a strange redirect... In IE only, bleepingcomputer was displaying as just a red hat Linux ad. I went into tools, internet options, then the advanced tab, reset IE settings to default and that fixed it. I'm not too sure what happened to cause that, but the privacy settings were set to "Custom or Advanced". I didn't really search the site for these symptoms because it was an easy fix.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

#9 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Awesome ~ terrific ~ can't wait!  Kudos to the "team!"

Drum roll..... :thumbsup:

#10 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

Awesome. Can't wait

#11 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Thank you for all the hard work you guys put in.

#12 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

Question Grinler and team:

1) Will the redesigned site affect just the main BleepingComputer.com home page and/or sub-tabs?

2) Has the "logo" changed  from BleepingComputer to BLEEPING COMPUTER? Curiousto correctly reference in posts (or telling the entire world how brilliant this place is!!!)

3) Did the launch take place and I missed it, or is the design process still under construction!

Mrs. Kravitz :lmao:

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:22 PM

@softeyes:

1. Currently the only difference is with the forums. But there are plans to incorporate the forums to the same theme the rest of the tabs and news section enjoy. See this link, for more information.

2. Per the Terms Of Use it's Bleeping Computer at www.bleepingcomputer.com. I personally always refer to the site using the domain name. Or in conversation as BC, located at bleepingcomputer.com.

3. The launch took place, if you didn't leave the forums it's not real evident. Explanation of further work to be done can be found at the link in bullet item #1.

Thank you for your inquiry and thank you for sharing your satisfaction with our site.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users