Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop updates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 biferibiferi

biferibiferi

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

I have win7 and I have the Pop Up Ad in my System Tray for Win10.

I know how to get rid of it I Uninstall     KB3035583.

And it comes back the next time or next Day.

I know the last step is to have the KB303 Icone Hide.

But how does this stop it from installing again wont this just Hide it from showing or what am I not getting?

Edited by hamluis, 06 October 2015 - 10:46 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Win 10 Discussion - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

Hi biferibiferi :)

If you want to get rid of the KB3035583, once you uninstall it, go back in your Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button. Once done, review the list of available updates, find the KB3035583, then right-click on it and select Hide update. This will hide it and it won't be automatically installed anymore. Be aware that this update will reappear (un-hid) if Microsoft re-issues it with modifications, so you would have to keep an eye on it. You can also change your Windows Update settings to Check for updates, but let me decide when to download and install them. I would also uncheck Give me recommended updates the same way you give me important updates.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 MH957

MH957

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

KB3035583 was reissued yesterday (10/5) and again is in the auto update list if you have recommended updates turned on.  The entire Windows 10 nonsense on Windows 7 finally convinced me to turn off recommended updates so it's on the optional page and now hidden again from that list.

Edited by MH957, 06 October 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

Aura, is there a utility that provides a much better search function, a much better interface than Control Panel/Windows Updates?  Trying to read hundreds of numbers is making me eyes cry like Tammye Faye Bakker at a garage sale.

Edited by RolandJS, 06 October 2015 - 10:45 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Either one will work.

rONW46K.pngUninstall a Windows Update - Command Prompt
Follow the instructions below to uninstall a Windows Update manually via the command prompt.
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command below (you can copy/paste it, to paste in the command prompt, right-click inside it and select Paste):
    wusa /uninstall /KB:$NUMBER
  • Let me know the outcome of the command: either it uninstall the update or either it says that the update isn't installed on the system;
rONW46K.pngSearch for a Windows Update - Command Prompt
Follow the instructions below to search a Windows Update manually via the command prompt.
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command below (you can copy/paste it, to paste in the command prompt, right-click inside it and select Paste):
    wmic qfe | find "KB$NUMBER"
  • If the update is found, this command will return a line with the installation KB name, installation and Microsoft Support link for it. If it's not, nothing will appear;
  • Let me know if the update was found or not;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

1st method tried - worked!  thanks!  me eyes are a dryin' now, me Laddie.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

No problem, you're welcome!

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users