Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diablo 3 Screen Freezes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DenizB1992

DenizB1992

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

Im not sure how much of the BC community is into playing Diablo 3. I myself am I child of the Diablo franchise and have played since Diablo's initial release. Now with Diablo 3 and its expansion Reaper of Souls I have run into an issue that I can seem to resolve. Entering into several areas, Dahlgur Oasis and some parts of the Nephalem Rift, the screen either stays in the loading splash screen or completely freezes the screen wherever and whatever my character was doing last. I can still run around, cast spells, and even teleport to town (which seems to unfreeze the game after minimizing the screen). Its weird and I was wondering if anyone else ran into this sort of issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

I am a Diablo player myself and I have never run in to your issue. You are not the only one with the issue, there are a few players who experience it. Are you using ATI/AMD hardware? 

Honestly, your best bet is to take it to the official Diablo tech support forums. They have excellent tech support, even from other players. There have been numerous bugs, crashes, and freezes for ATI hardware since launch. This week AMD finally released a patch for the crashes caused by ATI hardware, but...apparently there is a giant memory leak with those beta drivers.

US Tech Support Forum:

us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

Europe Tech Support Forum:

eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/4436696/

#3 DenizB1992

DenizB1992
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

Great something else I can add to my list of why I need a new graphics card.... I'll try the patch update and see what happens, if not then I guess a new card is well in my near future. Thank you for you assistance :)

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

You're welcome. Keep in mind ATI software is notoriously buggy, overall. It's still an issue for Diablo and seems like it helped cause the Batman: Arkham Knight fiasco. I stick with Nvidia because their software is more stable. Good luck!

Edited by Gorbulan, 06 October 2015 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users