Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help diagnosing pc, I definitely have a virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 m000n

m000n

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

Hey there, 

So my computer has recently been behaving very oddly,

one of the main concerns is a driver display error, where my computer will repeatedly crash and I have to restart it.

Lots of my files have been modified and I can't delete/change them (sys32 etc.) 

Need help big time, thanks in advance  :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

Has your anti-virus and anti-malware programs given you any indications of what has entered your computer that does not belong?  Are your backups ready and able?  You might need to restore.  Let the seasoned BC techs advise -- they won't steer you wrong.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 m000n

m000n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:37 AM

Hey so I'm using a laptop at the moment, my computer now doesn't work at all, it stops at the windows logo during start up and then I get a blue screen. How do I do a restore now?

#4 m000n

m000n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:46 AM

Neither anti-virus or anti-malware detected any form of threat :(

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:03 AM

You will have to a restore from a USB or DVD boot of a previously-made system repair stick or disk.  I think you can use your OEM or MS DVD to initiate a Startup Repair, and/or if you have made System Restore Point[s], restore via that particular SRP.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users