Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-mail hacked for 3rd time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 henchcook

henchcook

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:08 AM

I am a Virgin Media customer and 3 times in the last month my mail has been hacked and is sending spam and dodgy internet links to many of my contacts and even some of my contacts contacts but always the mail seems to use my email address.

I have changed my email account password multiple times, run AVG, F-Secure, Malwarebytes, Hitman, and other anti virus and malware and whilst it finds tracking cookies etc nothing malicious. I have changed my wifi network password, skype password and many others that i could think of as potential sources but now a third time is too much.

I have raised 3 tickets with VM but to be honest not much help at all.

I am desperate to find the root cause and stop my freinds and colleagues getting all this trash from me.

Can anyone help?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 October 2015 - 07:34 AM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

I use BT infinity, Gmail and AirVPN to surf anonymously. A VPN tunnel encrypts your connection to the Internet. This impenetrable tunnel prevents criminal organizations, your ISP or even your government spying on your communications.  

The AirVPN tech bit.:

Hide your IP - Get a new IP address, so that nobody can discover your identity through it

No monitoring nor logging of your activities online
Perfect Forward Secrecy - Through Diffie-Hellman key exchange DHE. After the initial key negotiation, re-keying is performed every 60 minutes (this value can be lowered unilaterally by the client)
Stay protected with the security offered by high level encryption: 4096 bit RSA keys size, AES-256-CBC Data Channel, HMAC SHA1 Control Channel. Make it impossible to identify the type of traffic or protocol you are using, even for your ISP.
This is bomb proof totally unhackable by any one and only cost £40 / year. I've never been hacked and never expect to be..

I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users