Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Ethernet driver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ibfbikler

ibfbikler

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:05 AM

I am not sure what caused this. Maybe i accidently put it in airplane mode. No connection is found and i looked in hidden driver section of computer devises. How do i restore an Internet adapter?

Windows 8.1 (64 bit) Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7202

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

Try doing a System Restore.

Click/tap on the Search charm, then type in restore point.

Create a restore point will appear below, click/tap on it.

Click/tap on System Restore

system%20restore_zpsk5dllrox.png

In the next window that opens click on Next and follow the prompts.

You will want to choose are restore point prior to your current problem.

If you need more restore point options there is an arrow in the Date and Time box which when you click/tap on it more restore points will appear.  Restore point options will change each time you click/tap the arrow.  When the arrow changes from a down arrow to a up arrow you will have reached the end of the restore point options.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 TechWiz365

TechWiz365

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

Either restore your computer to a previous point, do a system refresh, OR go on a different computer, look up the model for your PC and download the proper driver that goes with your PC model.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:53 AM

@TechWiz365

Doing a Refresh in Windows 8.1 will remove all of the third party programs that have been installed either from a download or installation disc.  This probably wouldn't resolve this problem to begin with, and could be a royal pain afterward when you have to reinstall all of the programs you had been using previously.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Just to point out. Doing a refresh will result in any desktop program installed being removed. Apps are retained.

When you Refresh your PC:

• Windows will save your personal files, personalization settings, and Modern apps installed from the Windows Store.
  • Windows will reset your PC settings.
  • Windows will remove all installed desktop programs. A list of the removed programs will be saved to your desktop.

Edit: Sorry dc3, missed your post.

Edited by JohnC_21, 07 October 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#6 ibfbikler

ibfbikler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

Either restore your computer to a previous point, do a system refresh, OR go on a different computer, look up the model for your PC and download the proper driver that goes with your PC model.

I did that sir and when i went to dev ice manager after installing the correct driver and it said this driver cant start. Needs to be connected to commputer.  I messed around with the c able and when plug it into the ethernet port it feels differant than my old pc. It had an sharp click when it was pluged it in this one does not feel like it is engaging with the female .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users