Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning- Unresponsive Script: / Win10 problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leidi

Leidi

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

[Dell desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Win10
64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player]

I receive the following message too frequently and wish to inquire inquire just what it is, who is responsible, and what to do to stop its frequency or get rid altogether.  It causes my cursor to go zigzag or too slow and freezes my computer no matter which of its 3 buttons I click on.  When I open the link below it says: “File not found”.... I opened the debugger but didn't know what to do with it...

I see now the link contains the name "javascript".  I wonder if it has to do with my having, under Programs & Features, Java 8’s Updates: 31, 40, 45, & 60.  The last one probably the latest?  And should I delete the former 3 updates?  Here’s that message:

Warning- Unresponsive Script:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://redir.adap.tv/redir/javascript/adaptvInfo.js:1

Continue    Debug Script    Stop Script

Thanks ever so much for any ideas!  Leidi

P.S.  While I don't know whether the following problem is related to theh above, I've installed Win10 shortly fter it was offered, and the problems I have I wonder if it's only my computer or a number of other computers going through the same From time to time and fo rup to entire week, I cannot open links, internet or browser but have use of emails.  Did anyone here had the same?  Thanks.  (Should I open a new thread?)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 October 2015 - 01:15 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Discussion to Windows 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

Java isn't Javascript, and here's what Mozilla suggests.

#3 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Javascripts run on a webpage and some browsers are trying to eliminate limit certains things running on websites. I would try other browsers to verify it's not browser specific.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#4 Leidi

Leidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

Thank you leithanne!  (I LOVE your black kitty!!!)  :)   

I don't exactly understand what Firefox suggests to get rid of this thing...It sounds quite beyond my tiny knowledge of computers.  What a shame!  But thanx the same.     Leidi 

#5 Leidi

Leidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thanks orlbuckeye, I'll try IE.   Leidi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users