Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Galaxy S5 stopped reconizing sd micro sd card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:38 PM

Installed Transend 32 gig micro sd card and Galaxy S5 reconized and mounted. I connected to pc and moved some pictures to card. I viewed pictures on and off for 5 or 6 days. A couple days later I wanted to show a friend the pictures and the sd card was not visible. I connect phone to pc with cable and no sd card. I pulled card from phone and put into pc and was reconized and viewed pictures. I turned off phone, removed battery and inserted sd card and battery again. Turned phone on and not reconized. I turned phone off again, removed battery and sd card. I put battery back in, turned phone on and inserted card while phone was on.....nothing. I turned phone off again and removed sd card. I put sd card back into pc and formatted fat32 and tried again in phone....not reconized. I bought a samsung 32 gig sd card and went through the same steps....nothing. Could this be a hardware problem or could it be some kind of a driver problem. I don't know much about phones and thought the only driver for a phone would be usb to pc connect problem. The phone when connect with cable to pc is reconized. I would appreciate any thoughts. Just frustrating.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anti_Malware

Anti_Malware

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

The SD card might have been corrupted from my experience. I had the same issue, went back to the seller and he exchanged it for me.

Whatever Your Mind Can Conceive And Believe, It Can Achieve - Napoleon Hill

#3 mhoss49

mhoss49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for reply, but you will see that I did not only try another card but another brand and you will also see I put both cards into PC and I can read them so they can't be corrupted. I appreciate your reply, but I would have to believe it is a mechanical error. I went ahead created a cloud with gmail......15 gig free storage.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

What application are you using to view the pictures on the S5?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 mhoss49

mhoss49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

I am trying to mount an SD card. That has nothing to do with an app. Without an SD card to expand my phone storage, I only have two choices. I have to either fill my internal storage (which I won't do) or put all into a cloud which I have done. The advantage of a card is being able to access data without WiFi or phone service in a dead spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users