Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

% of ram stuck at 95-100

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Baitfish

Baitfish

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

I've already checked my task manager, but nothing shows up for the other 6.5 - 7 GB of my RAM that's being used.

Here are files, if you need more I will try as I can to show more.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

G'day Baitfish, and Welcome to BC.

Have you had any driver issues since updating ??

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

Go to the Performance tab and check the Resource Monitor (link is at the bottom of that window).

See what's in the Memory tab.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Baitfish

Baitfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:43 AM

No driver problems, you think that one could be causing a memory leak?

And to Usasma, how do I know what's not supposed to be in there? It all looks like it belongs in there.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:47 AM

Did you have any vpn programs etc on the OS you upgraded from ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Baitfish

Baitfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:48 AM

vpn programs? I upgraded from Win 7

Edited by Baitfish, 05 October 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:50 AM

virtual private networks.......I am assuming no.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 Baitfish

Baitfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:53 AM

Yeah , I didn't have any of those.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

my resource page looks like this....compare

resource%20manager_zpsx2i9csyz.jpg

sorry about double screen...havent figured that out just yet

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 Baitfish

Baitfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:35 AM

Can you increase the size on the left picture?

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:08 AM

15ojc68.jpg

GcnI1aH.jpg

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:51 AM

In short, you look for the stuff that's taking up the most resources.
As there's several different types of memory, it's not always the most obvious one.

For example, my system has about 26 Firefox tabs open at all times - so that'll take up lot's of memory, but it's not a problem for me.

If unable to see anything, either post lot's of screenshots after sorting each column (you click on the header for the column to sort by that column)

Or you can tell us the top resource consumers by giving us the image name.

This is only a rough analysis, so don't sweat the details

I don't know if this is significant, but you could try this program also:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588671/approximately-daily-laptop-crash-no-pattern/?p=3834309

I'm just starting with it, but it does have some interesting features for researching memory issues.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#13 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

What I also noticed in the last picture the system itself is using way over 200mb.

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

The actual number really doesn't mean all that much in most cases.

Usually it's a a relative thing - and you have to try several of them until you find the culprit.

For example, on my system Firefox consistently takes up the most RAM (as I leave at least 26 tabs open at all times).
But I know that this is somewhat normal based on past behavior.

If I didn't know it, I'd test Firefox first - only to find that it wasn't the problem.

Then I'd move onto the other memory eaters until I found the one that was to blame.

#15 Baitfish

Baitfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:22 PM

So the VMap program? Download it? Sorry I've taken awhile, was busy with work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users