Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Etrust Ez Firewall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 susie86

susie86

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

Hello!

I recently bought eTrust EZ Firewall and it gets about 3/4 through the installation then freezes...I do find it in my Program Files folder - but it doesn't open because its not completely installed. When installing it, (through the setup) it stays at the "Initializing Installation..." screen...then when i close the screen I get that "Ending Program" box (you know when it is not responding) and at the top (where usually it has the program name) it says "should not see me".
Please help!!
thanks

ohh..and i've tried calling the CA eTrust people...and they kept me on hold for way too long!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

I'm not sure of the freeze,but Did you run your AV first. Then I 'd uninstall EZ from control panel and reinstall and update it..May just be conflicting with the old one.
But the Task is normal it is part of the installer program. You're not supposed to see it and the programmer gave it just such a name. A funny guy.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,575 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

Where did you download it from? The legitimate CA site?
The window title you mention ("should not see me") sounds to me like it's some sort of a fake, and as such, the contents are unknown and may contain trash.

Regardless, you will need to uninstall, remove all traces, download a fresh copy and try again.
I would think that you ought to check your computer, in safe mode, for malware first.

eTrustEZ firewall is basically rebranded ZoneAlarm free firewall. I used to have it. No problems ever.

Edited by tos226, 20 July 2006 - 04:22 PM.

#4 JoeyP

JoeyP

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:44 AM

I had a problem,when I tried to use the firewall from EZ Trust as well ,so since I was using zone alarm before I got the EZ, and they are basically the same program,I just uninstalled the EZ firewall and re-installed the Zone alarm,and I haven't had a problem since.
The Highlander.......There can be only one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users