Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

task schedular

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

Two questions: a) Task scheduler what is the use of this. 

B) is it safe or okay to delete/uninstall.

Thanks for any info on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:18 PM

The Task Scheduler is a component of Windows, so I suggest you to leave it alone and not try to disable, nor uninstall it :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Task_Scheduler

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:19 PM

The Task Scheduler enables you to automatically perform routine tasks on a chosen computer. The Task Scheduler does this by monitoring whatever criteria you choose to initiate the tasks (referred to as triggers) and then executing the tasks when the criteria is met.

A lot of programs use this like Google Chrome,Adobe etc. for scheduling updates or other things. It's not advised to delete it because system may won't function properly. Remeber, if ain't broken, don't fix it .

#4 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

Okay Firehouse many thanks for that I learn something new each day. Much obliged .

#5 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Not problem :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users