My computer has been running fine for the past year and when I woke up this morning it would no longer boot. The only irregularity is that the night before this when I shut the computer off through Windows the fans went from normal to max for just a few seconds before the computer turned off.
What I know so far:
1) When I try to turn on the computer only the CPU and case fans spin and nothing else boots up (monitor is black and no sound of any activity aside from the fans).
2) The power supply has passed the paper clip test.
3) I have removed graphics card, sound card and non-OS hard disks and only using 1 stick of ram - did not boot
4) I did manage to boot up the system for 1 hr. when I removed the CMOS battery from the motherboard and everything was working normally until it turned itself off. During that time (using Speccy), cpu, gpu and hdd/sdd temperatures were fine. (with everything plugged in again (r9 280 etc..)
5) Have not been able to replicate the miracle.
Custom built computer:
Intel i5 4690
Gigabyte R9 280 Videocard
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600mhz DDR3 RAM
Asus Xonar DG
Crucial 120GB SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD
EVGA 600B PSU
Edited by strychinine, 03 October 2015 - 09:52 PM.