Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 madbea

madbea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

hello I'm new on here but have one or two problems you could possibly help with .firstly I have a card reader for my photos which I bought for windows 7 . I cant seem to install this in my new windows 10 .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

Some programs won't install on Windows 10 without a little assistance. You can try these to see if you can get it installed.

Change the location of where you install the app.

Start your installation with Administrative Priviledges. This will sometimes allow your app to access registry and folder locations that may be restricted now. Some apps were not written to be compliant and will do some things that they should not do in areas they should nt do them in.

If it installs you may need to set it to run with Administrative Priviledges and or compatibility mode of Windows 7

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

Some programs won't install on Windows 10 without a little assistance.

A card reader is not an app or a program. It's hardware.

What type of card reader do you have?

One that is installed on your system if it is a desktop?
One that connects to your computer via USB cable?

If USB, Windows will find and install drivers when connected to a USB port. Are you getting a message that Windows could not install the drivers when you hook it up with the USB cable?

Any error messages? If so, what is the error you receive?

What is the manufacturer/model of the card reader?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 October 2015 - 06:28 PM.
edited to correct a spelling error

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:50 PM

In addition to what Queen posted, we can easily find out if that card driver is throwing an issue in the Device Manager or not, and get more information on it plus your computer. It'll help us find the good drivers to install for it if needed :)

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Check the following options:
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users