Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

can i download windows 8 legally (for try)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:30 AM

good morning to all,

i have problems with my motherboard and i am thinking to buy a new one soon

its eems that all new motherboards for intel socket 1155 and amd fm2+ support only windows 7 or windows 8 i ask please to know if i can download any trial version of windows 8 or 8.1 legally

i have posted earlier in windows 7 forum a question if i can customize windows 7 to look like my old and trusty windows xp

some friends replied that this is possible but it is not 100% safe

i think windows 8 is very different and much better than windows 7 in may ways so i want to try them if i can

as far i know it is impossible to upgarde from my windows xp pro x32 bits to windows 8 x 32 bits

many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

Hi,

Almost all Windows versions allow you to try the installation for 90 days...

To download Windows 8 Enterprise, visit : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-8-1-enterprise

Please note that the Edition is Enterprise, advanced than the pro version.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 03 October 2015 - 05:17 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,035 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:33 AM

If you wanted  Windows 7 to look like XP then I doubt you would like Windows 8. The interface is totally different from what you are used to.

#4 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:49 AM

Media Creation Tool--

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

good afternoon to all,

sorry for the delay in thanking all for the great replies

i had some problems with my computer

unfortunately i cannot use media creator since my windows xp dos not support it

if the given link for downloading windows 8 is for an iso then is ok since i will format my hard disk for install windows 8

personally i do not want to upgrade my trusty windows xp but i have to do it since my motherboard have problems and i have to buy a new

it seems that amd socket fm2+ and intel 1156 does not support anymore windows xp

many thanks again for the great infos

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:34 AM

Since the Windows 8/8.1 upgrade assistant isn't compatible with Windows XP I suspect you are not going to be able to install Windows 8 on that computer.

The following are the requirements for running Windows 8.  As usual, Microsoft will state that these specifications will allow you to run Windows 8, but it will be painfully slow and potentially problematic as a result.

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)  realistically you should have at least a 2GHz CPU.
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)  again, realistically I would suggest 4GB of RAM on the 64-bit version.
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)  that's unrealistic.
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.  [color=blue]A must![/b].

I haven't checked out the specific sites suggested for the free trial, but a fresh installation requires a proper product code to be entered before you can do the installation.  I would want to check into this before going forward with this.

The bottom line here is that you are dealing with a older computer which could develop serious problems at any time.  The electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard breakdown over time and can cause the computer to be very unstable.  The hdd is an electromechanical device which will eventually fail from either worn parts or failed electronics.  I would seriously consider investing in a newer or new computer if you wish to upgrade.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

good evening to all,

dear dc3 i thank you so much for the detailed reply

no, my computer is not too old

it is based on intel socket 1155 and  i have builded it three years ago

my motherboard an asus p8h61m_le cannot see my ram dimm on slot 1 

the ram slot 2 is working ok

i have posted in the hardware forum my question regarding my problem

only my power supply an arctic cooling 500 (74+ efficiency) watts is almost five years old but my pc consumption is nearly 240 watts (estimation through online wattage consumption)

Edited by nickko, 05 October 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#8 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Classic Shell helps with getting an XP look.

screenshot_324.jpg

http://www.classicshell.net/

I don't use the Metro apps at all. :)

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#9 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

many thanks to all for the replies

yes, my pc meet the windows 8 requirements but i have to make a clean install from an iso file or fro a retail version (oem from ebay)

for the time being i will keep my windows xp and i hope to upgrade soon (very soon i hope)

thanks again to all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users